8F Investment Partners is a global investment group that develops vertically integrated aquaculture production and processing facilities, using land-based sustainable Recirculating Aquaculture System (RAS) technology, creating material positive social and environmental impact. Headquartered in Singapore with group offices across the world, 8F Asset Management has the global reach to stay closely connected with its investors and source the best investment opportunities across all markets The partners have worked closely together for multiple years in global financial institutions and bring senior management expertise in private equity, alternatives, asset management and investment banking.
The Business Development Director is responsible for the formulation and execution of 8F Shenzhen branch overall business development strategies and initiatives for China. The Business Development Director oversees the Institutional and Intermediary Sales, Client Services, Product Development, and Marketing and Communications functions. He/she leads the Business Development team to broaden 8F Shenzhen target markets and segments and expand the distribution of investment capabilities and solutions.
Sales and Business Development
- Identifying and developing new relationships with family offices, institutional investors, endowments and foundations, distribution professionals etc.
- Leading the development of marketing and investor materials for both potential and existing China investors
- Conducting appropriate market research on target prospects, setting up meetings and clearly communicating the firm's strategies and differentiating factors
- Deliver effective presentations to clients by building strong value propositions in core investment strategies such as focused funds, preparing high quality presentations slides and convert leads into commitments
- Selling and promoting 8F China funds to clients in China through building excellent relationships and understanding clients’ investment model and fund selection process.
- Key contact for designated investors, strategic partners and prospects
- Initiating client relationships and managing entire process including long term relationships with investors
- Developing a service model and infrastructure for marketing and client service functions
- Organize regular IR activities (annual meetings, LP Advisory Committee meetings, industry meetings, etc.)
- About 10 plus years of experience and track record in Asset/Fund management or Financial Services industry in a business development role
- Experience and track record in private equity business development is a clear plus
- Bachelor Degree in relevant field from a reputable university
- Familiarity with regulatory environment in financial industry
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ownership of results and commitment to organisational goals
- Knowledge of financial service operations and proficiency in presentations to an audience
- Independent, pro-active, eye for detail, good follow through and the ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Qualified under PRC law (include holding a Fund Operation Certificate) and willing to act as a Legal Representative.