Windows System Engineer
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world. We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and holding to our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasize integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.
Core Engineering provides global thought leadership, solution development, delivery and support for a broad suite of technology products and services at Goldman Sachs. It leverages global expertise to develop leading-edge technology solutions that meet business demands and differentiate the firm's technology offerings in the marketplace. Core Engineering enables the operation of the firm by managing an extensive compute platform and global communication networks, while addressing technology, compliance and reputational risk and resilience.
Windows Engineering is responsible for the desktop, Windows server and end user authentication platforms for Goldman Sachs. The team architects and engineers the Microsoft operating systems and enterprise products such as Windows 10, Windows Server 2019, Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft SCCM/MECM, third-party enterprise VDI products such as Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp, as well as multiple custom in-house systems management and software delivery platforms.
China Goldman Sachs business is headquartered in Beijing with significant presence in Shanghai and Shenzhen. Core Engineering has staff in Beijing and Shanghai and provide technical support across all business in China leveraging our global team as required. This role reports locally into China Core Engineering and regionally into product managers.
We are looking for a Windows Systems Engineer to provide on-shore engineering and support of Windows Engineering solutions. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities
- Work with a global team of highly motivated platform engineers and software developers delivering solutions specializing in a range of technologies with a remit to define and build integrated architectures for secure, scalable infrastructure services serving a diverse set of internal and external use cases
- Engage with Windows Engineering consumers to collaborate on efficient and secure integration approaches for their application requirements within China
- Automate tasks in the Windows Engineering functional areas to increase efficiency of the team and detect abnormal behavior of the systems
- Collaborate on feature design and problem solving for China specific requirements
- Provide in-country support for Windows Engineering products
- Liaise with local, regional and global counterparts on technology operations requirements for China
- In-depth knowledge in Windows OS internals including Group Policies, Widows Defender, Windows networking stack, OS build engineering and deployment
- Experience in supporting large scale environment involving VDI (Citrix, RDS), Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop platforms
- Experience with large scale Windows systems management and patch management technologies, with experience in MECM and Intune preferred
- Experience in automation, anomaly detection and predictive analysis
- Extensive experience with one or more scripting technologies: PowerShell, VBS, SQL, Windows Batch
- Understand the technology trend and latest service offering in China market and work with global team to develop the road map for local business use case
- Participate in the global design / project planning / execution cycles and manage the local deployment
- Awareness of local regulation and legal / compliance requirement and responsible for items in the audit / inspection events
- Experience in supporting scalable and secure infrastructure solutions involving DMZ Environment
- Must be able to sustain a high rate of workflow and work on multiple projects
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Enterprise-level Financial Services experience is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player who is able to work in a fast paced, environment
- Strong communication skill and able to work with remote counterparts internally and manage external vendors
- Ability to create reports on trends, perform gap analysis, perform risk analysis and provide recommendations to address deficiencies in the environment
- Expertise in operating and implementing commercial and / or open source monitoring software
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity