Vice President, Regulatory Reporting and Compliance
Description About this role About BlackRock CCB Wealth Management Limited:
BlackRockâ€™s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being and the firm has a long history of investing in and serving investors in China. BlackRock aspires to become the leading global asset management firm operating in China and is committed to contributing to the long-term development of the local asset management industry. BlackRock CCB Wealth Management Limited - a Shanghai-based joint venture between BlackRock, China Construction Bank and Temasek - aims to deliver investment excellence by offering customer-centric, diversified and innovative wealth management products and solutions to help Chinese people build savings that serve them throughout their lives. About the Role:
We are seeking a Fund Operation VP within its newly created China Wealth Management Company. You will benefit from working with a broad range of functions within and outside of the business to deliver key initiatives.
The Regulatory Reporting role is responsible for preparation and filing of regulatory reports to CBIRC, PBOC, and CBWMRS for wealth management products. The individual may need to perform other reporting and operation related tasks as needed. This role will also partner with various internal and external stakeholders to improve processes and continue to create efficiency and scale.
We are looking for an experienced professional to join the growing China onshore team to further support the business expansion and footprints in China!
The team will also work closely with Compliance teams and other operation team members covering FA, TA and settlement, to support the full reporting cycle. Key Responsibilities:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Take emotional ownership to ensure all filings are completed accurately and timely.
- Partner with different function teams to facilitate timely reporting submission and hold all stakeholder accountable.
- Resolve issues and implement change to processes as needed.
- Continue to improve efficiency and controls by automation, process improvement, and control enhancement.
- Raise risk and issues on a timely basis and drive resolution.
- 8+ years proven experience within the asset management industry or a related industry, ideally with exposure to regulatory reporting and experience with China Bank Wealth Management products;
- Experience with Bank Wealth Management product is strongly preferred, including knowledge in reporting, FA, TA and other operation areas;
- Attention to detail and ability to resolve conflicting priorities;
- Demonstrates a proactive and risk-focused approach to work, understanding the importance of identifying and raising issues appropriately;
- Ability to work in a multifaceted, fast-paced environment with high self-assurance, energy and drive;
- A proven ability to develop strong collaborative working relationships with key partners;
- Possess strong interpersonal skills;
- Able to think strategically and consider implications of actions from all angles;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and prior hands on experience with automation tools (e.g. VBA, RPA, Python, etc.) would be an advantage;
- Experience with China mainland financial technology platform would be valuable;
- Proficient in both written and spoken Mandarin and English.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being.Â Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their childrenâ€™s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment â€" the one we make in our employees. Itâ€™s why weâ€™re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com |Â www.blackrock.com/corporate Â | Instagram:Â @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock Â | LinkedIn:Â www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.Â We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.