Vice President, Digital distribution & Marketing
Description About this role BlackRock China Fund Management Company (FMC):
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being and the firm has a long history of investing in and serving investors in China. BlackRock aspires to become the leading global asset management firm operating in China and is committed to contributing to the long-term development of the local asset management industry. BlackRock China Fund Management Company, a Shanghai-based wholly-owned subsidiary of BlackRock, aims to extend its asset and risk management expertise and offer Chinese investors innovative and diversified mutual fund products and investment solutions to help transform more cash savers into long-term investors. Role Description
BlackRock is seeking an experienced professional with a desire to advance his/her career to take up the role of Vice President and lead the e-commence business and digital platform built-out for its Fund Management Company (FMC) in China. The position will be based in Shanghai.
This role reports into the Head of Marketing, BlackRock FMC and will be driving the business development and platform operation for the e-commence practice. The successful candidate must be able to form strong cross-functional partnership with key partners, such as client business, digital marketing, product, compliance and investment within BlackRock. Key Responsibilities:
- Lead the e-commence practice and is responsible for formulating and executing the strategy and roadmap including 1) developing and maintaining the relationship with third-party online distributors; 2) setting up and managing the daily operations for the company's platforms and accounts, and 3) planning and delivering the digital marketing campaign, promotional activities and investor education content;
- Being a digital expert, work closely with Marketing peers to craft digital platform and experience strategy and modernize marketing & sales approach to build a robust digital ecosystem and grow the brand and business for the company
- Partner with Investment and Product to drive successful product launches across digital platforms
- Partner with Legal, Compliance, Operations and Finance to process and execute the distribution agreements, account openings and operation, and ensure all materials adhere to the necessary local regulations.
- Build a new team, set up the operating model and business process, and manage the third-party vendor relationship
- Drive adoption of "Analytics" through developing marketing campaign measurement metrics that helps make more data-informed marketing and business decisions
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Keep abreast of industry/competitor/market movements, client needs and end user behaviours
- At least 7 years of e-commence/digital marketing experience in asset management industry; experience with a local/JV fund management company is preferred
- Strong knowledge of the China mutual fund industry, products and competitor landscape
- Strong verbal and written communication capabilities, fluency in Mandarin (required) and English (preferred)
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Creative and self-motivated individual who works collaboratively in a high performance, team environment
- Good project management skills, including an ability to move projects forward in a complex environment
- Highly effective in developing relationships with cross-functional team members and multiple stakeholders
- BA/BS required, preferably with a focus on Finance, Economics, Marketing, or Business
- Possess required regulatory license
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.