Vice President - Internal Auditor : China FMC
Description About this role
BlackRock is seeking an Internal Auditor within its newly created China Fund Management Company (FMC).
Internal Audit's primary mission is to provide assurance to the Board of Directors and Executive Management that BlackRock China FMC's business is well managed and meeting strategic, operational and risk management objectives. Internal Audit engages with senior leaders and individual business units to understand and advise on the risks in their business, evaluate the effectiveness of key processes and assist in the design of best practices that can improve their results. Internal Audit's work builds confidence that BlackRock will meet its obligations to clients, shareholders, employees and other stakeholders.
China FMC Internal Audit reports directly to the China FMC Chief Compliance Officer.
We are looking for an experienced internal audit professional to join the growing China onshore team to further support the business expansion and footprint in the asset management industry. Responsibilities
Skills and Experience:
- Overall management and timely execution of audits.
- Determine audit coverage and approach for the FMC (including investment, trading, sales and marketing, risk management, compliance, technology, finance and operations).
- Timely completion and submission of statutory audit and other relevant reports to the regulators.
- Drive and participate in each step of the audit work, including scoping, planning, fieldwork, and reporting.
- Senior Internal Audit representative in the China FMC office.
- Business engagement responsibilities with Senior Executives for multiple lines of business and fostering strong relationships with the business.
- Provide controls advisory services and other compliance related services to the China FMC's various businesses.
- Collaborate with the other corporate risk and control functions to ensure activities are coordinated and fully leveraged.
- Identify key control issues and emerging risks, and work with management to ensure timely and effective remediation.
- Engagement with relevant regulators, where applicable.
- Coordinate the activities of external audits, and leverage the work performed by internal audits.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting, finance, economics, risk management or other business related field
- At least 6 years of proven experience in finance, accounting, or auditing within the wealth management/asset management/banking industry
- CPA/CIA or similar professional certification
- AMAC license holder
- Broad exposure/experience to audit, internal control, risk management, AML, operations, finance and general compliance activities is preferred.
- Strong understanding of investment management, trading or capital markets businesses, products or processes.
- Experience developing and maintaining effective working relationships with senior management and external regulators.
- Excellent project management, organizational and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and listening) and interpersonal skills, including strong writing skills, particularly as related to audit reports and management presentations.
- Good understanding of current regulatory expectations and industry practices.
- Proficient in Mandarin and English (both verbal and written)
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.