Vice President - Corporate Banking
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of Montreal Asia
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
The Vice President is a key player on deal teams, collaborating and generating solutions to current and perspective clients within sector markets. As a sector and deal structuring expert, the Vice President will actively manage business development opportunities and oversee ongoing monitoring of client portfolio performance to maximize penetration and return. The Vice President achieves various partnering efforts, including management of the team and client initiatives, to ensure successful deals.
A. Business Development & Delivery
• Collaborate with coverage relationship partner to generate ideas, identify client solutions, pursue sector marketing efforts, cover clients, and deliver timely solutions.
• Actively manage client solution opportunities within sector portfolios.
• Operate as key member of the deal team and lead preparation of lending proposals and pitches to prospective clients with efforts to maximize sector penetration and returns.
• Institute cross-selling initiatives to increase ranking with client.
• Provide deal structuring expertise.
• Negotiate transactions with clients.
• Maintain awareness of all firm products and services offered and facilitate means of receiving continuous updates.
B. Client Performance Management
• Oversee documentation and ongoing monitoring of asset and client performance.
• Actively manage portfolio to maximize return and credit quality.
• Prepare/oversee preparation of concise, well reasoned credit correspondence.
• Obtain credit concurrence and coordinate pricing approval as client advocate.
C. Sales Support and Partnerships
• Maintain key ongoing contact with lending clients and sector relationship managers.
• Work with specialists as needed to support successful syndication and sales.
D. Management of Team Workflow
• Effectively manage work flow of associates by aligning tasks with departmental goals and objectives.
• Capturing opportunities for ongoing mentoring, coaching, and career development of associates.
~KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• An undergraduate degree. Focal areas of finance, economics, or accounting preferred.
• CPA or MBA or equivalent experience in finance, accounting and business law.
• 6-10 years of relevant experience in negotiating and structuring financial transactions.
• Minimum of 6 years in financial services industry experience in a corporate lending environment developing business.
• Formal credit training and prior lending authority.
• Credit analysis experience/ understanding.
• Good knowledge of the organizational lending and portfolio management policies and objectives.
• Excellent abilities in business development and cross-selling success.
• Highly developed written and oral communication skills including the ability to write clear, concise and cogent credit correspondence.
• Exceptional analytical skills.
• Expertise in financial computer applications and database management tools including MS Excel. Strong proficiency in other Microsoft Office products and the Internet.
• Strong interpersonal skills used within a team environment and in client interaction with emphasis on excelling in relationship building.
• Ability to advocate persuasively.
• Ability to work under limited supervision.
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
• Excellent capability to independently and proactively service multiple clients and effectively manage multiple priorities.
• Proven abilities in managerial and leadership skills.