- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity International
- 15 Oct 17 2017-10-15
This is an exciting opportunity for experienced trader to join our Wholly Foreign Owned Enterprise (WFOE) team in Shanghai office for the growing market in China.
Fidelity operates a centralised dealing desk, managing equity order flow and information across the Asia Pacific region. The desk trades equity and equity linked products including derivatives, futures and ETFs. The trading desk is responsible for providing fund managers with value-added market insight in order to assist them in positioning/managing their portfolios.
As a privately owned firm, we have the advantage of being able to take a long-term view when investing for our future. Our journey in China started in 2004 with the opening of our Shanghai office and over the years we have made significant inroads.
Our long-term ambition is to provide innovative investment solutions to Chinese institutional, wholesale, high net worth and pension investors. The focus of our China strategy is on assembling the key building blocks that will allow us to realise this goal. Years of commitment and building our presence in China have allowed us to make a head start in an exciting new development with the opening of the private fund management market to foreign asset managers through Wholly Foreign Owned Enterprise (WFOE) entities. In anticipation of this opportunity in 2015 we established a WFOE in the Shanghai Free Trade Zone and Fidelity International has obtained the approval to become the first global asset manager to register as a private fund management company in China.
Purpose of your role
- Pro-active engagement with Portfolio Managers and Research Analysts; demonstrating an in depth understanding of the funds and analyst research views, including how client requirements and restrictions help shape the funds
- Actively provide relevant market colour and tactical execution information to appropriate internal clients.
- Management of order flow and trade execution in assigned markets/sectors across multiple execution channels.
- Knowledge of PMs, funds, equity trading, market structure and market challenges with the ability and gravitas to advise Portfolio Managers on the implementation of effective trading strategies
- Delivering liquidity opportunities to PMs and advising on portfolio liquidity risks to improve trading outcomes
- Proactive development and maintenance of relationships with brokers and market participants
- Protection, promotion and where possible enhancement of Fidelity's reputation in the marketplace
- Engagement with TCA, quantitative inputs and technical analysis to reduce trading costs where possible
- Working the hours required to cover Portfolio Manager requirements, assigned markets and asset classes
- Working effectively and professionally with business partners including compliance and risk management, IT/Technology and other relevant groups to improve systems to reduce risk and improve outcomes (application champion)
- Providing back-up desk coverage in the absence of team members
- To be familiar with and adhere to the practice and provisions of:
- Fidelity Global Trading Policies and Procedures
- Fidelity's best execution & order handling policies
- Fidelity's Code of Ethics
- Be aware of the current Anti-Money Laundering requirements and the business impact
- Maintain and continuously revisit any relevant regulatory requirements adapting working practices where necessary
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Strong knowledge of Asian equity trading, markets and instruments, with 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Solid understanding of onshore equity trading market
- Ability to establish, proactively develop and own the Portfolio Manager relationships
- Ability to trade with minimum price impact as appropriate; implementing strategy decisions based on the varying dynamics of different markets and securities.
- Ability to negotiate effectively with brokers and manage relationships accordingly
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload effectively in a busy environment and to deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including fluent English and Mandarin
- Regulatory certification or willingness to attain in a short period of time
- CFA is a plus but not required
Values: Integrity, Innovation, Excellence, Customer Focus, Commitment, Enthusiasm, Teamwork, Respect