Technology, Incident Response, Case Management, eDiscovery Collection Specialist, Associate, Shanghai
Information Security Incident Management and Investigation team - Incident Response/ Case Management/ eDiscovery Collection Specialist
Job Level: Associate
Division: Technology & Operations Risk
Experience: 3+ years
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Morgan Stanley is looking for a talented individual to join a team of information security experts responsible for protecting Firm, client, and employee sensitive/confidential data. The selected candidate will be located in Shanghai, working with a team of information security professionals.
Case Management and eDiscovery Collection
This role involves managing entire life cycle for requests on data collections and internal investigation, and ensuring that they are adequately formed, tracked, and responded to in an efficient and accurate manner. This includes working closely with clients at the outset of their requests to understand requirements, then providing a conduit to the technical team who will fulfill the request. The case manager provides a single point of contact and is responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of each request.
Communicating complex technical matters and extensive interaction is required with colleagues both internal and external to IT including Legal, Corporate Security, Human Resources, IT Security, Engineering teams, and other Business groups. Candidates must be well organized, have strong communication and time management skills, as well as being detail orientated and analytical. They must demonstrate initiative, good judgement, be confident working independently and be comfortable handling sensitive, confidential information.
This role will also perform electronic data discovery/collection work that includes, but not limited to, collecting and analyzing data from electronic data sources such as email archives, infrastructure logs and network file servers. The data will be provided to clients both internal and external to the Firm.
The Incident Response team is responsible for managing the detection and reporting of information security and policy violation incidents and investigations, supporting all Firm Business Units. The Team coordinates with the Business Units, Legal, Corporate Security and IT to gather incident details, assess risk and assist with remediation, ensuring compliance to regulatory and Firm standards.
- Conduct review, triage and escalation of detected and user reported information security and insider threat related events
- Collect supporting information and relevant artifacts, investigate and assess the severity, escalate to the relevant stakeholders and coordinate and record remediation actions
- Host meetings with senior members of the Firm to develop quick response plans to information security events
- Work closely with other team members to test and document new monitoring tools and/or enhance the existing incident handling procedures
- (TBD) Work with relevant stakeholders to tune monitoring platforms and data sources to high fidelity alert signals and risk scores
- Provide general Information Security advisory services to key stakeholders across the Firm as required
- Participate in various projects related to operational improvements and tooling
- Provide on call and out of hours support when deemed necessary