Technology, Database Infrastructure Developer, Associate, Shanghai
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China Shanghai Shanghai Shi CN
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 26 Apr 18 2018-04-26
See job description for details
The Database Administration team ensures plant stability across all DB platforms / business units and provides consultation to application development groups. While the team's core responsibilities are to maintain day-to-day support of MS? critical database plant, the team also provides engineering support to regularly improve and enhance the functionality of DB platforms.
- Develop administration and automation tools for the firm's Distributed Database environment.
- Improve current Distributed Database administration tools and automation strategy
- Work on a large number of Linux hosts and clusters with databases across various DBMS products (Sybase, DB2, MSSQL, Oracle, Greenplum and PostgreSQL).
- Deep knowledge of the internal data structures of at least one major DBMS product (Sybase ASE, DB2 UDB, MSSQL, Oracle, Greenplum and PostgreSQL)
- Strong programming skills in Perl
- Experience troubleshooting on the Linux platform
- Ability to effectively communicate with various stakeholders on varied levels of the organization
- Experience creating detailed technical documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Information Systems
- Knowledge of Kerberos and Active Directory
- Experience working and managing software on a large distributed environment
- Knowledge of common IT processes, including ITIL and SDLC
- Effective written & verbal communication skills: ability to clearly and concisely communicate with clients, partners, and peers at all level of the organization (external and internal alike)