See job description for details
Technology, C++ Developer, Associate, Shanghai
The Morgan Stanley Enterprise Application Infrastructure group develops reusable solutions, libraries and frameworks used in systems throughout the bank. We also provide consultation and design advice to development teams. The C++ team within Enterprise Application Infrastructure work closely with Bjarne Stroustrup to help the firm adopt modern C++ approach to application and infrastructure development. Our team is full of naturally curious and very technical individuals, who like to dig beneath the surface to understand how things work. We encourage people to generate ideas and drive initiatives and find that individuals who enjoy solving complex problems flourish in our team.
This is role for enthusiastic, committed and productive developer, working in modern C++, to develop helping to design and implement the next generation of library and application infrastructure for the firm. The role is a great opportunity to work in a technically challenging environment on problems core to the business. Prior experience in or knowledge of the financial industry is not required; candidates from software and telecommunications companies are welcome to apply. The products developed by EAI are used across the firm. Qualifications:
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Design and development of C++ libraries in collaboration with global team, with some supporting system in Python.
- Identification of current technology gaps and potential solutions. Promote best practices in your own work, within your team and the wider firm C++ community.
- Identifying the technologies that will form the basis of the firms next-generation systems.
- Interact with other developers across many development teams on requirements and development.
- Work with internal clients on improve the performance of their applications
- Maintenance and support of existing C++ libraries.