Technology - Unified Messaging and Collaboration Engineer, Associate, Shanghai
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
We are seeking a senior Unified Messaging and Collaboration Engineer to join our China Platforms Agile squad aimed at helping drive the transformative change required to support our business expansion plans. As the Unified Messaging and Collaboration Engineer you will:
- Design and implementation of our hybrid messaging and communications platform leveraging Exchange Online, Skype for Business/Teams, Exchange Online Protection, Azure Information Protection, Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection, and other related M365 security controls.
- Ensure solutions address business expectations while tightly aligning to security control objectives, supportability, performance requirements and industry best practices.
- Provide messaging and collaboration thought leadership when partnering with technology leads, architects, stakeholders and other Agile squads alike to ensure solutions are cohesive.
- Partner with Product Owner to proactively shape the roadmap of the unified messaging and collaboration space
- Thrive when operating in a diverse, fast-paced, and highly regulated environment and are completely comfortable working with accomplished individuals from a variety of regional and global teams in order to deliver.
- Coach and develop other members of the Agile squad Qualifications:
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience designing and implementing hybrid enterprise-scale messaging and collaboration solutions for complex, highly regulated industries such as Financial Services.
- 5+ years demonstrated experience migrating from on-premises Exchange to Exchange Online.
- Subject matter expertise with Microsoft China Azure, Exchange Online, Exchange 20xx, Skype for Business, and Teams. Experience with Endpoint Manager (Intune), Azure Information Protection, Exchange Online Protection, Advanced Threat Protection, and Conditional Access management a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SMTP routing, Active Directory/LDAP, DNS, and mail routing.
- Hands on experience setting up DMARC, DKIM, and SPF in order to secure Exchange solution.
- Experience supporting technologies from Zoom and Slack a plus.
- Strong PowerShell and experience with Terraform a plus.
- Strategic mind-set, excellent interpersonal and negotiations skills, and the ability and willingness to readily collaborate well with colleagues.