Technology - System Reliability Engineer, Associate, Shanghai
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Systems Reliability Engineering (SRE) is a discipline focused on improving system service availability, observability, scalability, performance, and resilience across Morgan Stanley by applying sound software engineering principles and adopting the latest technology and tooling.
We are growing SRE capabilities within our Reliability & Production Engineering (RPE) organization as part of the transformation of Morgan Stanley Technology.
We would like to talk to you if you:
- Are interested in distributed systems and working with highly scalable and reliable services.
- Like to work in a fast-moving environment and you aren't afraid to change things to make them better.
- Enjoy new technological challenges and solving hard problems.
- Believe a team working well together is smarter than the single smartest person on that team.
- Aspire to grow as a person, as a teammate, and as an engineer.
- Have grit, drive and a deep sense of ownership.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Working closely with engineering/development teams to design, build, and maintain systems
- Troubleshooting issues across the entire technology stack: hardware, software, application, and network
- Identifying and driving opportunities to improve automation for our platforms; scope and create automation for deployment, management, and visibility of our services
- Proactively identifying and addressing systems reliability risks
- Working alongside existing global and regional team members on a follow-the-sun basis
- Represent the RPE organization in design reviews and operational readiness exercises for new and existing services