Technology - Storage Engineer, Associate/VP, Shanghai
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
The team is seeking a multi-talented developer that will focus on engineering highly-available and scalable solutions for the firm wide storage repository and data requirements. In addition to architecting and integrating a storage solution working with 3rd party vendors, the candidate will develop in-house applications that will become part of the technology platform for the business. The ideal candidate will also design storage tools on problem management and preventive maintenance (alert and capacity management). Additionally the candidate needs to understand storage virtualization, workload automation, storage provisioning, distributed and scale out file systems, software defined storage solutions, emerging technologies in the storage discipline and SAN/NAS Fabric management. Ability to work as part of a global team is a requirement. In addition, the candidate must be able to listen to customer requirements and be able to advise, discuss and articulate technical solutions effectively . Qualifications:
- Proficient in one or more of the following modern development practices - UNIX shell, Python, JAVA, C++ and/or Perl, GIT, Jenkins, automated testing, continuous integration, SDLC, Agile and DevOps practices. System Administration/Engineering/Architecture experience within enterprise UNIX (RHEL)/Windows Server environments, Container environments (RH Open Shift/Kubernetes/Docker, etc.) and Cloud environments (Azure/AWS/Google) is highly desirable but not required.
- Experience with software development lifecycle with large software development projects is a must.
- Good organizational and English communication skills, prioritization of multiple projects and objective.
- Knowledge of storage technologies and disciplines namely, Fibre Channel, ISCSI, SCSI, NFS, CIFS, POSIX, Object Storage, SAS, SATA, FLASH (NVME, SSD, etc.), RAID, Erasure Coding, Distributed/Scale-out Storage, File systems, High-availability methods, working knowledge of databases etc. are strongly preferred.
- Understanding networking protocols and connectivity preferred. Understanding of Client/Server, Scaleout architectures, virtualization, performance and capacity management strongly preferred.
- Knowledge in the following vendor products is preferred but not required – NetApp 7mode/cDOT/Engenio, IBM Spectrum Scale (aka GPFS), HDS Storage Arrays/HCP, EMC Atmos, Brocade SAN/FOS, Veritas Storage Foundation Suite.
- Skills Proficiency: Advanced