Technology - Project Manager (banking system), Associate, Shanghai
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the ABO development team. This role plays the lead role in planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closing projects, as well as in increase supporting efficiency, improve system capacity. This role offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and friendly environment locally and globally. It would suit someone who is looking to utilize and expand his/her applications development skills in an agile team.
Typical SDLC project life cycle:
- Get requirements from users, IT teams and/or directly from business unit personnel
- Analyze the required work, have the work prioritized, work out the effort estimate/time lines
- Work with internal clients to complete UAT
- Roll out the changes into production and verify that all is well
New team members will be mentored through the whole process by an experienced member. Qualifications:
Skills & Experience:
- Proficient in project management methodology, project management experience in foreign banks will be a big plus
- Experience in software development using Java, etc.
- Knowledge on common financial products
- Strong Business analytic skills and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented and strong capability of handling multiple tasks
- Knowledge and hands on experience with databases (SQL)
- Good Chinese read/write skill and proficient oral Chinese communication capability
- Good English read/write/communication skill
- Knowledge and hands on experience in Agile/DevOps will be a plus
- Hands On experience in banking/financial industry will be a plus