Technology - Project Manager, VP, Shanghai
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
As part of the Firm’s growing program of work, the ISG Cross Divisional Programs Group Asia (XPG-A) is seeking a Project Manager (PM) / Business Analyst (BA) to be based in the firm’s Shanghai office. This role will provide the individual an opportunity to work within the landscape in Asia to deliver business expansion projects and other top risk and regulatory initiatives across multiple markets and asset classes. This opportunity will provide the individual with a chance to work with senior members of the firm in order to drive continuous improvement.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide project management to support the equities business, driving business analysis and feasibility studies for potential projects
- Work closely with the business and development managers to oversee and track the portfolio of technology initiatives being delivered for front office sales & trading
- Interaction with other technology silos, operations and finance to coordinate front to back testing
- Manage and deliver region specific Business Expansion (Product) and Regulatory Change projects, from analysis of their front to back impact on the business to delivery of resultant changes
- Assist with managing the pipeline of work for the business and facilitating prioritization in line with current supply/demand
- Support standardization and consistency in projects, risk management processes and procedures, and ensure adherence to company tools and applications Qualifications:
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree with at least 8+ years of relevant work experience in a major management consulting firm or within the financial services industry
- Knowledge of sales and trading, finance, operations, technology or internal audit background preferred
- Strong Project Management skills and demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Strong analytic and problem solving / process improvement skills, ability to learn quickly, manage multiple demands, changing priorities and solve poorly defined problems
- Excellent verbal and written skills with an ability to create high quality written products that are comprehensive, accurate and tailored to the audience
- Outstanding ability to work effectively across all levels of the organisation with excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple demands and changing priorities
- Overall experience in hands-on project management, specifically in information technology-related projects essential and supporting financial services businesses
- Solid understanding of the Project Lifecycle (PLC) and System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) components.
- MS-Project, MS Excel, and general MS-Office skills essential
- Strong knowledge of Asian markets and exchanges, including the associated regulations that govern the Asia region
- Solid working knowledge of securities, derivatives and securities lending an advantage
- Experience with large scale regulatory initiatives gained from having worked with the capital markets trading industry (derivatives and equities) at a global bank or consultancy