Technology - Project Manager, Associate, Shanghai
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
As part of the Firm’s growing program of work, the ISG Cross Divisional Programs Group Asia (XPG-A) is seeking a Project Manager (PM) / Business Analyst (BA) Fixed Income Department to be based in the Shanghai Office. The XPG Asia team ensures technology project delivery is being effectively managed throughout the project life cycle. The team provides key business stakeholders updates through effective communication, expert analysis and quality customer service. This opportunity will also provide the individual with a chance to work with senior members of the firm to drive key business initiatives and collaborate across multiple locations in the Asia region.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- The Fixed Income Department (FID) Project Manager role focuses on cross team projects spanning various technology groups such as development, infrastructure technology, technology security risk, and technology governance teams.
- Providing project management on regional initiatives to support the business. This will include managing resources across multiple teams/locations
-Working closely with the business, development, technology and technology risk managers to oversee and track the technology initiatives being delivered
- Interaction with other technology silos, operations, finance and risk teams to coordinate testing, and deployment
- Assisting with managing the pipeline of work and facilitating prioritization in line with current supply/demand
- Driving analysis and feasibility studies for potential projects
- Adhering to and providing support for regional project and risk governance processes Qualifications:
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience, preferably at a major management consulting firm or financial institution
- Technical background/understanding preferable
- Knowledge of the financial services industry; preferably in an investment bank with Fixed Income business knowledge
- Knowledge of Interest Rate Derivatives & their trade lifecycle is highly desirable
- Fluency in both English & Japanese is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written skill with ability to create high quality written products that are comprehensive, accurate, and tailored to the audience
- Outstanding interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization with excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong analytic and problem solving/process improvement skills; ability to learn quickly and solve poorly defined problems.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple demands and changing priorities
- Overall experience in hands-on project management, specifically in information technology-related projects essential, and preferably supporting financial services businesses
- Solid understanding of the Project Lifecycle (PLC) and System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) components
- MS-Project, MS Excel, and general MS-Office skills essential
- Strong knowledge of Asian markets and exchanges, including the associated regulations that govern the Asia region
- Experience with large scale regulatory initiatives gained from having worked with the capital markets trading industry (fixed income) at a global bank or consultancy