Technology - Linux automation DevOps Engineer, Associate, Shanghai
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
The Enterprise Tech & Services division is seeking a skilled Linux engineer to contribute to the development of a configuration management and automation system in a complex environment. An experienced infrastructure engineer with solid technical fundamentals, proven expertise with Ansible, and a passion for automation would be the ideal fit for this role.
- Collect and analyze requirements from stakeholders across the Enterprise Tech & Services division
- Collaborate on the design of an enterprise Linux configuration and automation system that:
- Offers sufficient layers of configuration for a highly granular server environment
- Comprehensively captures all configuration changes to recreate servers from scratch
- Prevents ad hoc system configurations
- Feeds data from Ansible to a CMDB
- Satisfies all Security Architecture requirements
- Design and write Ansible playbooks to implement automation of diverse infrastructure services, e.g. Linux servers, databases, virtualization plants, etc
- Create custom Ansible modules as required
- Document system design and present to stakeholders
- Create operations guide for Production Support teams