Technology - Java / Scala Developer, VP, Shanghai
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Oct 18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
The TRA team builds and manages messaging middleware and plants to distribute the trading messages from the trading flows to various downstream systems.
We are seeking a hands-on server-side Java developer with track-record of building large scale distributed systems. The candidate will work on low-latency, high-throughput routing infra/tooling renovation.
We provide the great opportunities to work on
- Low-latency distributed plants for large volume of real-time trading data
- Private/public cloud computing
- Elastic capacity for large/bursting volume of data
- Renovated tooling to manage cloud based resources and boost the time to market for new features
The team encourages open communication, new technologies and thinking out of box.
- Design and implement the messaging middleware/tooling
- Improve the software development process (for example, code review/TDD/ DevOps)
- Mentor the junior team members, lead the development work and coordinate with other teams
- 5 or more years of work experience with Java and distributed systems
- Strong hands-on core Java programming skills
- Hands-on knowledge in distributed system (for example, micro-service, messing middleware and networking)
- Good communication skill and leadership in development
- Hands-on knowledge in Python is a big plus