Technology - Fixed Income System Developer, Associate, Shanghai
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
Have you ever been curious about what is the driven point of making a deal in trading area? Do you want to know what is happening when a trader makes a deal and what will happen after the trader made the deal?
We are Fixed Income Derivatives Technology group who works closely with Interest Rates and FX Sales & Trading and Quantitative Strategists team to develop next generation risk and trading systems to achieve their business goals. Currently, we are seeking a hands-on developer who can help us to build our new strategy FRONT TO BACK
project within our platform.
A successful candidate would work on one of the world's largest Scala projects, and we balance between strategic system renovation projects and day-to-day business coverage based on each team member's preference and expertise. What we believe in you:
What you will get from us:
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's level or above in a computational field like Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline
- Willingness to write great codes, mastering in one of the object-orientated programming languages. Scala preferred.
- Strong software engineering, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business colleagues and working globally
- Financial background knowledge or strong interest in learning about the financial markets
- Responsibility on your tasks and act pro-actively.
- Fantastic experience on large-scale distributed systems
- New thoughts on open source vs in-house technology within the firm
- Financial knowledge in FX/Rates derivatives area.
- Opportunity to understand and build the full trading process workflow from front to back for FX and Rate Derivatives trades.
- Technology boost experience with our Morgan Stanley experts.
- Professional career development at Morgan Stanley.