Technology - C++ Developer, Associate, Shanghai
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Morgan Stanley's electronic trading technology team develops and maintains core platforms, technologies and libraries used globally across multiple trading products including exchange connectivity, client connectivity, real time market data, trading engines, internal liquidity and smart routing, algo and flow analytics, core application infrastructure and specialized equity trading solutions.
We are looking for a smart, creative, results-oriented individual to join our global low latency trading platform development team. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of software development including analysis, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance. The ideal candidate will have strong C++ expertise, deep knowledge of algorithms & data structures, problem solving skills, and good communication skills. Knowledge of low latency systems, financial technologies (e.g. FIX protocol) is a plus but not essential. The candidate will get opportunities to work on bleeding edge low latency tech alongside world class researchers and software engineers.
- Development of core infrastructure libraries for high availability, guaranteed delivery, real time simulation and order management functionality.
- Continuous profiling and optimization of wire to wire latencies of low latency trading engines.
- Development of next generation networking stacks, inter process / thread communication over shared memory.
- Become specialist on specific areas and provide consultancy and feedback to internal clients, developers and Project Managers. - Expert C++ skills on a LINUX platform with 5+ years’ experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of multi-threaded design and C++ memory model. Experience with wait free/lock free programming techniques is a plus.
- Experience with different UNIX IPC mechanisms (shared memory, kernel bypass sockets etc.)
- Experience developing distributed, real-time, performance-critical, highly available, or large-scale systems.
- Good quality English speaking is essential as there is regular interaction with peer teams and internal clients in other regions. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to minimize misunderstandings and to ensure fast and accurate dissemination of information