Technology -Java / Scala Developer, Associate, Shanghai
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Fixed Income System Developer
We are currently seeking a hands-on developer within Fixed Income Derivatives Technology group. Our team works closely with Interest Rates and FX Sales & Trading and Quantitative Strategists team to develop next generation risk and trading systems to achieve their business goals.
A successful candidate would work on one of the world’s largest Scala projects, and would have responsibilities like below. We balance between strategic system renovation projects and day-to-day business coverage based on each team members preference and expertise.
- Develop tools for salespeople and traders to keep ahead of the China and Asia market;
- Develop large-scale distributed systems to compute and report intra-day and end-of-day risks, PnL (Profit and Loss) and market scenarios to senior management, trading desks, controllers, and market risk department;
- Migrate portfolio from legacy systems to our new proprietary cross-asset risk calculation system, which would help to drive revenue, improve the business efficiency, respond to regulatory requirement, and reduce capital requirement and IT cost;
- The role requires someone who is self-motivated, quick-learning, can take ownership of critical problems and work. Qualifications:
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's level or above in a computational field like Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline
- Experience in medium to large scale server side Java or Scala distributed applications
- Strong software engineering, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interest in learning about the financial markets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business colleagues and working globally
- Knowledge of fixed income market, financial models, and risk management
- Experience in financial risk calculation and management system or trading tools development
- Experience in distributed computing or cloud computing, Java/Scala performance tuning
- Full Stack development; programming experience in HTML5/AngularJS
- Understand DevOps and Continuous Development Principles