- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China Shanghai Shanghai Shi CN
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Operations and Compliance Technology (OCT) is an innovation-driven organization comprised of functionally aligned development teams who support critical firm functions such as Legal, Compliance and Operations. OCT develops strategic solutions that support key business processes, including Regulatory Reporting and Disclosures.
The Global Regulatory Disclosures program is looking for a senior Java developer to work on their multi-year Disclosure Of Interest (DOI) program. The role is based in Shanghai.
DOI is a business function that monitors and reports on the Firm’s ownership percentages in public companies in order to provide transparency to the markets / regulators. DOI also ensures the Firm does not breach industry, company or regulatory limits in jurisdictions in which it conducts business. The strategic technology platform supporting this function is the Global Monitoring and Alerting Regulatory Reporting System (GMARRS).
The ideal candidate should not only have the skills listed below but in addition should be a self-driven, dedicated individual who works well in a team and thinks strategically. The candidate should respond well to change and quickly grasp new concepts in a dynamic regulatory landscape.
You will have the opportunity to learn about how an investment bank operates and work in a global team from several regions across three continents. You will meet several ways of how data quality can be measured, controlled and improved while learning how data governance works in a huge organization that must be compliant to rules of several regulatory authorities.
Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to learn our integrated environment of industry standard IT tools and self-developed frameworks used in this space.
· Responsible for data analysis, data profiling and data sourcing
· Support the global team of business analysts and developers with data subject expertise, query building and optimization
· Develop a thorough understanding of the data definitions, domain values, data relationships, business rules, sources and data integration
· Partner with data providers to ensure upstream data requirements are met, participate in data reconciliation and testing
· Coordinate and conduct impact analysis of upstream data changes and/or issues
· Work closely with our clients, write detailed data requirements and use cases
· Define controls and measures for data quality, identify data issues
· Design and implement ETLs and data quality controls
· Good knowledge of relational databases
· Strong SQL query-writing skills
· Solid analytical, profiling and troubleshooting skills
· Experience in data integration, conversion and migration
· Hands-on experience with ETL tools (preferably Informatica), ability to design and develop ETL workflows
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work with non-IT clients
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
· Knowledge of Data Quality controls & implementation of DQ rules (preferably using informatica or another industry standard tool)
· Knowledge of Unix commands and scripting and/or Autosys scheduler
· Data modeling
· Knowledge of big data technologies (Hadoop, Sqoop)
· Knowledge of financial services data
On top of the skills listed above, we expect you to be a self driven, dedicated individual who works well in a team and thinks and acts strategically, responds well to change and quickly pick up new skills and concepts in an ever moving regulatory landscape.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents