Software Engineer Automotive
To work as part of a project team to develop, deliver and support products for the automotive domain within China. Expected to a minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience in core development techniques. To learn current technologies used at IHS Markit Automotive and potentially new technologies in developing solutions. Must be flexible enough to support all roles in a DevOps environment as required including direct contact with customers.
General Job Duties
- Work as part of an agile development team to design, estimate, develop and implement software solutions.
- Establish testing procedures to ensure application is thoroughly tested throughout the development cycle.
- Collaborate with product owners on user story generation and refinement.
- Work with team members to ensure optimal solutions are delivered.
- Ensure all data and operational tasks are completed to allow provision of IHSM solutions.
- Support the team in enabling new data feeds and new customers onto the IHSM product.
- Provide 2nd/3rd Level Product Support as required.
- Worked in cloud solutions (AWS preferable)
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with programming languages, programming techniques, web development technologies and use of databases.
- Aware of coding procedures, functions and triggers using Oracle PLSQL
- Experienced in working with relational and non-relational database concepts in their integration with applications, Graphical User Interface, and service oriented architecture.
- Experience of working in a cloud based environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with agile development methodologies.
- Experience in the automotive domain.
- Experience with Automotive dealer DMS or CRM systems
- Strong interpersonal skills - must be able to work effectively as part of a project/program team
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- English language skills preferable
- Reports directly to production management.
- Interacts with other colleagues at all levels in the conduct of day-to-day activities.
- Contributes significantly to architecture and design activities of development team.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.