- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Senior Manager, Governance & Control
- Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Senior Manager, Governance & ControlAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- To serve as 2nd line governance and risk controls to operations within COO organization.
- To ensure business strategies, standards and roadmaps abide by COO operating principles, policies and procedures of country and group ERMF.
- To support Head of Risk Control, Governance in the overall effective and proactive management of all COO risks, governance and controls.
- To chair or support Risk Governance and risk related committees/forums, etc such as ORMM, BRF, FCRC, ERC, etc.
- To promote preventive risk management models and enhance assurance framework.
- Ensure oversight and driving improvement in the control agenda. This includes developing a forward-looking e2e view (across biz segments) on the operating environment and proactively identifying/escalating issues and sharing themes/lessons learnt.
- Drive changes and transformation of risk management with the aims to build up a proactive and preventive mechanism.
- Upgrade assurance programs into a systematic framework to cater for the needs of intensifying requirements on operational risks.
- Standardize the escalation procedure, and streamline communication process e2e.
- Cooperate with the stakeholders on the regulatory self-review/assessment needs and governance of regulation/policy/procedure implementation.
- Build up multi-level assurance mechanism, and train 1st line, functions, branches as well as UORMs, to improve their awareness and capability in risk management.
- Analyse and develop full set of risk indicators such as KCI/KRI/KCSA, etc. for risk assurance, and innovate the risk management methodologies and tools.
- Reinforce the capability of risk assurance, to support error/cases/incidents investigation and to help operations improve the basics.
- Support group risk control governance ERMF implementation in China.
- Support OR requests on the policies upgrades, system change and people trainings needs.
Overall monitor and centrally co-ordinate regulatory changes
- To ensure the monitoring mechanism in place and timely implementation of the regulatory changes especially those directly impacting COO organizations.
- To work as a central co-ordinator between compliance and COO teams in changes of regulations and any risks/issues from non-compliance.
- To contribute/maintain country COO operation risk profile and track treatment plan progress until completion.
- Review and endorse root cause analyses report/treatment plans.
- Challenge and verify 1 st line risk identifications/assessment considering the changes in the internal and external environment.
- Review and verify COO related audit and data collections/submissions
- Audit status updates/inventory management
- Deepen the staff understanding about multiple aspects of risk controls via staff engagement in the form of Theme Reviews, and campaigns.
- Organize events/activities to enhance awareness and knowledge in risk areas such as conduct, fraud-prevention, AML, sanction, ICS, etc.
- To manage operation risk team in COO organization and ensure the high-quality performance of tasks and assignments.
- To support development of team members, and to provide necessary coaches and consultations.
- To engage stakeholders proactively, and to maintain an effective and efficient working relationship.
- University graduate or above in Finance, Banking or Business.
- At least 8 years experiences in banking or financial institutions with solid banking knowledge.
- Proven people management and leadership to engage and motivate staff performance.
- High degree of independence, responsibility, integrity and discipline.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrable track record in a dynamic environment.
- In-depth knowledge of products, processes and operations with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communications capability - good command of written and oral English.
- Ability to work within a multi-function, multi-discipline team, matrix environment with strong influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Compliance and/or operational risk background preferred but not a must.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.