Securities, Equities, Corporate Access, Vice President, Shanghai
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
Looking for an ambitious, creative, hardworking team player to originate and drive thematic and bespoke events and build relationships with corporate clients in China to maximize impact among key institutional investors. OUR IMPACT
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Corporate Access originates and curates content for clients working closely across our team members across Asia Pacific. Our core clients are institutional investors including long-only asset managers, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and pension plans. We also identify, prospect, and build relationships with corporate clients.
Content can be described as access to public and private corporates, industry experts, academics, government officials, bureaucrats, Goldman Sachs thought leadership and subject matter experts. Corporate Access originates and executes thematic and regional events to showcase timely topics and speakers. These events include some of Goldman Sachs' largest flagship conferences globally, regional field trips, non-deal roadshows, corporate days and reverse inquiries.
Corporate Access team is responsible for every aspect of the event including the agenda creation, marketing and branding, client targeting, and content merchandising for post-event distribution. We work closely with Sales teams within the Securities Division across Equities and FICC to understand clients' needs and partner with research, banking, private wealth, and the Executive Office to identify and deliver best in class content and speakers to match those clients' needs and requests.
In the life cycle of a trade, Corporate Access tends to sit at the beginning of that cycle, helping to drive idea generation and providing access to a variety of touch points so that an investor can make an informed investment decision in Asia and ideally, drive the execution of that investment through Goldman Sachs.
Corporate Access is currently seeking an experienced, ambitious, creative, highly-motivated and hard-working candidate to join our Shanghai office as a Vice President.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Originate and drive thematic events showcasing our China franchise to offshore and onshore institutional investors
- Participate in day-to-day client activities and strategic initiatives including regional events, working with team locally in China and across Asia Pacific
- Own and develop key client relationships
- Identify, prospect, and build relationships with corporate clients, selected investors and industry experts
- Collaborate with other senior originators on the team in support of client requests and coordination with logistics as well as research, banking, and other areas of the Firm
- Develop strong written and oral skills in presentation of ideas to key internal and external clients in English and Mandarin
- Mentor and coach junior members of the team
- Relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification with an excellent academic record
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid work ethics and high levels of motivation
- Hard working with strong willingness to learn
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong team player
- Working knowledge and interest in finance and markets
- Local knowledge of China market
- Fluency in both Mandarin and English - both spoken and written
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.