RFP Specialist, China
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China Shanghai Shanghai Shi CN
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity International
- 14 Sep 18 2018-09-14
The purpose of this role is to support the ongoing development and growth of Fidelity's China business with a primary focus on preparing sales collateral.
Fidelity has made a longstanding commitment to China. Our first office was established in Shanghai in 2004, followed by a centre of excellence in Dalian in 2007, which now employs over 400 staff, and then by our Beijing office in 2008. We are also a large institutional investor in Chinese companies, bonds and other assets, and hold the largest actively managed RQFII quota amongst global asset managers. We established our Shanghai-based WFOE entity in 2015.
Fidelity was the first global asset manager to launch a private fund, Fidelity China Bond No.1 Private Fund, for Chinese investors. This has allowed us to offer Fidelity's globally integrated investment process, disciplined risk management and proprietary fundamental research to Chinese investors for the first time. We anticipate future development and growth in our China business, including future private fund launches, in the years to come.
Purpose of your role
The purpose of this role is to support the ongoing development and growth of Fidelity's China business with a primary focus on preparing sales collateral. The candidate will work as part of the Asia Pacific ex Japan RFP Support team, and alongside the China Sales and Investment Management teams based in Shanghai and Hong Kong.
They will provide specialist Chinese language RFP support as an integrated part of the sales process, including Request for Proposals submissions, due diligence questionnaires and other client documents. This requires investment knowledge, an understanding of the sales process and formal written Chinese skills.
Working alongside Fidelity's investment management teams based in Shanghai and Hong Kong, the candidate will also help to produce investment descriptions, narratives and collateral for Chinese investors.
The candidate will also work as part of Fidelity's China Sales team to support business initiatives, such as new private fund launches.
The successful candidate will be required to travel to Hong Kong and other locations from time to time.
- Deliver high quality, accurate, relevant and timely client documentation that has a positive impact on China sales results
- Develop simplified Chinese language content to support sales-related activities in China, including investment narratives
- Support business initiatives such as new private fund launches
- Develop an internal repository of standardised simplified Chinese language content to support future responses to client queries
- Work collaboratively as part of the regional RFP team and China Business
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Professional Chinese writing ability is required, with experience within an investment writing or equivalent role preferred
- Understanding of investments is required, with a CFA or equivalent qualification preferred
- Strong interpersonal / communication skills (oral & written) required
- Strong written and spoken English is preferred
- Highly developed project management and time management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a matrixed reporting environment
- Able to adapt to a wide range of tasks as required
- Open to business travel from time to time