- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Project Manager, Regulatory Reporting
- Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Project Manager, Regulatory ReportingAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Scope of Role:
- Support and represent the regulatory reporting team on all technology related matters and changes including new regulatory reporting requirements, project management, efficiency projects, process improvement and documentation
- Represent and co-ordinate regulatory reporting team's reporting requirements (CBRC, PBOC, SAFE etc.) regarding new business systems' implementation projects, new product implementation projects, and group initiatives affecting China's regulatory reporting
- Manage the entire project life cycle from RR team's perspective, i.e. E2E project planning and documentation ( including training), interpretation of RR's requirement, drafting project milestones, resources planning, testing ( +test cases) and go-live activities
- Identify opportunities for automation of all regulatory returns and keep reporting system up-to-date with our business development.
- Support the implementation of system changes to comply with regulatory reporting requirement changes - BAU changes
- Interpret any new regulatory reporting requirements by working closely with RR team members and develop reporting templates using TM1 or whatever available source information to meet new reporting requirements
- Closely work with in-country technology team on new regulatory reporting requirements/projects relating to new system, data sourcing etc.
- Escalate to line manager on matters not comply with policies or identify/come across any potential operational risks issues
- Document all changes and new initiatives, ensure DOIs are in place, RR teams members are well trained to ensure continuity
- Be responsible for reporting database maintenance.
Our Ideal Candidate
Qualifications & Skills
- University degree
- Experience in project management is definitely preferred
- Strong business analytical skill and be able to articulate requirements to technology/vendor
- Strong communication skills to deal with internal and external stakeholders
- Savvy in desktop computing and possess business data mining skill set
- Strong sense of compliance risk
- Good at spoken and written English and Mandarin;
- Quick learner and self-motivator, capable to work under pressure and willing to take up challenges assigned by line manager;
- A good team player, with pleasant and cooperative personality, proactive and hardworking, able to work independently without too much supervision.
- Other then above roles, job holder should follow other job duties and responsibilities assigned by line manager from time to time.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.