Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
We are seeking an experienced Portfolio Advisor to support the business development and relationship management needs of the distribution business in Greater China . This individual will primarily be focused on supporting the marketing and training efforts with our distribution (sub-advisory and private wealth management) clients and serve as a portfolio manager proxy in our marketing campaigns and roadshows. This position is hybrid business development, relationship management and portfolio advisory. The Portfolio Advisor will be part of the Client Group and will work closely with the relationship managers and business developers to expand upon our overall efforts with our distribution clients. This individual will also work closely with Investment Products & Fund Services (IPFS) on marketing strategy, investment content and messaging, competitive analysis, and client communications. The role will be based in Shanghai.
The ideal candidate would:
- Possess in-depth investment knowledge and be an astute thinker about financial markets, perspectives and views, so as to act as an effective investment representative and portfolio advisor of the firm to prospects & clients
- Play a key role in our marketing efforts and roadshows by articulating our investment approaches, processes and complex portfolios to audiences across a wide range of asset classes, products, and strategies
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the distribution (sub-advisory and wealth management) landscape in North Asia so as to contribute to the development of market strategy
- Perform market and portfolio analysis so as to differentiate and position our strategies relative to competitors
- Be a keen collaborator with other functional areas to address client issues, concerns, and opportunities in a fast-paced, team-based environment
Candidates should have the following qualifications and experience:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the sub-advisory/distribution markets, ideally gained in a portfolio advisory or marketing content role
- Deep investment product experience and knowledge across asset classes, with emphasis on the equities and multi-asset space
- Experience working in North Asia (China, Hong Kong, Macau), with deep understanding of regional business practices, market landscape and culture.
- Have high energy, excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and Mandarin language skills. Native Mandarin is preferred.
- Strong academic credentials, ideally a post-graduate and/or professional qualification (e.g. MBA/CFA or equivalent)
- Willingness to travel frequently to support marketing activities in the region
Portfolio Advisor LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .