- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Operations OfficerScope of Role:
Build and maintain a well disciplined and compliant culture within banking operations. Manage the BAU process and meet with SLA requirement, manage overall risk exposure in acceptance level. At the same time, take responsibility to implement system/process change within ASU scope.
To manage the overall ASU team in CIB&CB operations. Responsible for the accuracy/productivity/risk control/compliance of processing. The staff also need control all outstanding cases within his scope and report to LM if needed. Addition to BAU, the staff needs lead to implement new process and maintain/monitor/guide GBS in related operations procedure migration, at the same time, have smooth communication with relevant stake holder. During all above activities, he needs to ensure the compliance of local and group regulations.
- Service scope should be all ASU products under all CIB/CB segments
- Monitor and control the day-to-day management of operations for back office process.
- Work with project team to implement system and process change.
- Build good relationship with GBS, manage to migrate/design/monitor and guild HUB for related operations procedure. Make sure all SLA be matched.
- Manage and analyze MIS report to ensure a consistent high level of service standard, productivity, volume and revenue.
- Partner the Business Units on operations matters to ensure business growth is balanced with it.
- Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring activities, timely identification and reporting of significant operational risks and losses and effectiveness of risk mitigation actions.
- Work as a team to drive and support the identification and management of process improvement within the Unit, facilitating and promoting the understanding of operational risk and compliance requirements and issues.
- Manage the accuracy/productivity/risk/compliance of the operations processing, make sure all outstanding cases are solved in time.
- Manage account service related process update, system enhancement and service excellence initiative.
- Assist in formulation and implementation of the Bank's strategy for ITO.
- Ensure effective and smooth communications with ITO Senior Management team and other units.
- Participate in ad-hoc task as defined by line manager
Money Laundering Prevention
To comply with respective Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and be alert at all times to unusual or possibly suspicious customer activity, and should report any suspicious activity to the respective Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and line manager as well as directly to the Business and Country MLPO in urgent or exceptional circumstances.
Qualifications & Skills
- Solid understanding of Corporate account service product/System/process and operational risk
- Self-motivated and independent, self-discipline.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Strong leadership quality and good people management skill.
- Solid system process logic knowledge and problem root cause investigation capacity.
- Technology related back ground will be preferred.