Operational Risk, Analyst, Shanghai
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China Shanghai Shanghai Shi CN
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Mar 18 2018-03-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley’s Operational Risk Department (ORD) is looking to hire a full-time Analyst to join the Operational Risk Analyst Program, based in Shanghai.
The role will work closely with teams at all levels of the organization within and outside of ORD, including frequent communication with various stakeholders, such as the senior operational risk coverage officers in US/Europe/Asia Pacific, Internal Audit and Compliance.
Depending on business needs, the selected individual will provide support to global ORD’s major work-streams and will be assigned with 2-3 postings during this 3-year Analyst Program. Possible posting destinations would include but are not limited to:
- Data Monitoring: provides Internal Loss Data, Issues & Actions, External Loss Data monitoring. The team also provides support for facilitation and execution of the Firm’s global Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) Program and quality assurance of Key Control designation.
- Operational Risk Metrics: supports the Top Operational Risk Metrics Program, Conduct Risk Metrics Program, Firm Legal Entity Risk Reporting, Business Environment Reporting, US Banks Key Risk Indicator (KRI) and Wealth Management KRI monitoring, etc.
- Operational Mapping: supports the Firm’s Operational Mapping Program which provides a detailed inventory of the non-financial resources (e.g., services, applications, vendors) required by the Firm’s Critical Operations, Core Business Lines and Material Entities.
- Strategic Business Analytics: provides data analytics and assists senior operational risk coverage managers via qualitative review of risk data including internal/external incidents and Issues to identify risk themes.
- Data Science: provides data analytics support using advanced data science techniques such as statistical modeling, machine learning and natural language processing (relevant academic background required). #LI-JZ2
- Fresh university graduate with less than 2 years of full time working experience in no more than one financial institution or consulting firm
- Bachelor’s degree required; finance, accounting, economics or any analytical discipline preferred
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills, advanced VBA skill a plus
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize; comfortable when working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Team player