Network Production Engineer
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Goldman Sachs
is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world. We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and holding to our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasize integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork. Core Engineering
provides global thought leadership, solution development, delivery and support for a broad suite of technology products and services at Goldman Sachs. It leverages global expertise to develop leading-edge technology solutions that meet business demands and differentiate the firm's technology offerings in the marketplace. Core Engineering enables the operation of the firm by managing an extensive compute platform and global communication networks, while addressing technology, compliance and reputational risk and resilience. Network Engineering
is a global organization that is part of the Foundational Infrastructure unit based in multiple locations around the world. The Asia team develops products and solutions including networks hosting critical market data, exchange connectivity, network security and e-commerce services, the design of the physical network supporting the regional data center and inter-connectivity to regional offices across Asia. The team ensures that knowledge, best practice and expertise are shared between regions promoting teamwork and collaboration.
As part of its expansion in China, Goldman Sachs Network Engineering team is seeking a seasoned network engineer to join the ASIA team in China (Beijing or Shanghai). The role will be hybrid between Operations and Projects supporting the China Infrastructure and associated Business Roadmap. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities: Run the Bank (Expect ~50% of workload)
Build the Bank (Expect ~50% of workload)
- Take an active role in the Day to Day and the Stability of the platform by providing L3 Operational support for Business impacting and complex problems.
- Take an active role in the product lifecycle; new technology introduction through to demise.
- Participate actively in the Change & Problem Management processes.
- Provide Training to the Frontline Operations providing L1/L2 day to day support.
- Working with internal / external clients to understand their requirements.
- Translating client requirements into technology solutions.
- Developing new solutions for internal / external clients.
- Communicating the important technical and commercial attributes of solutions to clients in ways the client can understand.
- Introduction, communication and development of strategic networking technologies to provide additional scalability and functionality.
- Owning the delivery of a variety of concurrent projects in varying scale from small to very large.
- Provide subject matter expertise when collaborating on cross platform projects with teams responsible for Voice, Video, Market Data, Compute, Storage, Information Security and Data Centre.
- Working with networking product vendors and telecoms service providers with regards to all of the above.
- Ability to represent Core Engineering to Auditors and Regulators (CSRC)
- Liaise with local, regional and global counterparts on technology operations requirements for China
- Provide regular management updates
- Languages: Mandarin and English - Both Fluent.
- Experience in managing a global network platform at a L2 / L3 level (Including Internet / B2B DMZ's).
- Experience in resolving network security incidents and breaches.
- Experience testing and planning the deployment of router and switch platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of Data Centre design principles, products and protocols.
- Good appreciation of Network Security architectures, models and methodologies, Authentication schemes, Encryption techniques and standards.
- Extensive technical experience (Support and Design) using many of the following: Cisco Routers, Switches, Nexus, ASR, ISR product lines, Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS, IOS-XR, Juniper JunOS, GRE/IPSec, IDS/IPS, Security platforms and other Enterprise security related tools.
- Support, Design and product experience with firewalls - Juniper Netscreen/JunOs and Palo Alto
- Support, Design and product experience with Proxy (Bluecoat) and / or Load Balancer (Netscaler).
- Security hardening on various platforms. Familiar with industry best practices in network security
- Understanding and working knowledge of enterprise DNS/DHCP and IPAM architecture and management capabilities.
- Technical experience with IP Anycast design, iBGP/eBGP network routing protocol, and Quagga.
- Strong proficiency in Linux management and scripting.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Extensive experience with the management, internetworking design and implementation of networks.
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Good project management skills (large network deployments and cross-discipline project deliverables).
- Extensive technical experience in engineering and implementing networking technologies within a large Enterprise, preferably (but not mandatory) with some exposure to the Financial Sector.
- Appreciation of neighboring technologies: Market Data, Voice, Virtualization Computing and Multimedia.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Enterprise-level Financial Services experience is preferred
- Team player who is able to work in a fast paced, environment
- Experience working with and management of enterprise DNS/DHCP and IPAM solutions.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Nokia QIP product is a plus.
- Experience with at least one programming language (Python, Perl, Java).
- Understanding database data modeling (SQL and NoSQL).
- Understanding message queueing products (RabbitMQ, Kafka).
- Understanding of NTP and clock management.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity