- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Manager, Business Finance
- Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Manager, Business FinanceAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- Be a key business partner to the Financial Market ("FM") Banking team including senior FM leaders in SCB China.
- Assist the team head to develop and maintain a financial reporting model that will assist FM business heads to understand the product and customer dynamics of their business and assist them to make strategic decision
- Enhance the financial analysis with emphasis on the economic profit and the impact of the external environment.
- Ensure the monthly management accounts is a reflection of the GL and back office transaction systems.
- Improve the process efficiency of monthly reporting.
- Participate in FM related financial control activities including strict compliance of the Financial Control Policy and Procedures ("FCP")
- Participate in the periodic performance and balance sheet projection exercises.
- Main contact with Front Office to support their new product launch in China in terms of CA review, accounting implementation, regulatory filling and internal/external reporting;
- Close work with Product control on valuation adjustment and Daily P&L explanation; Prepare month end analysis and commentary MIS pack for FM Trading & Sales desks.
- Bridge between Business and Tax team to reconcile management view results to taxable income and improve tax efficiency;
- Handle regulatory survey, query and inspection together with compliance and country finance;
- Monitor offshore team performance and provide training.
- Manage overall design and outcome of the end-to-end Financial Markets Business Finance control, reporting and analysis processes within Finance. And also owns the process output performance in terms of client service, financial performance and risk where appointed as Process Owners.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support line manager to lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Please note that the job description above will be reviewed during the Job Objective setting every year, which may be amended and agreed where necessary by the employee and the line manager.
Qualifications & Skills
- University degree, major in Accounting/ Finance or related subjects;
- Accounting working experience, banking industry or Big 4 experience is preferred;
- Product control working experience is a plus;
- Have a good knowledge of Balance Sheet Management and Financial Markets Products;
- Sound understanding of China's banking regulatory environment;
- Good command of both written and spoken English;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Pleasant and cooperative personality, initiative and hardworking, able to work independently;
- Team player with strong communication and influencing skill;
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.