- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Manager, Branch Performance, Finance
- Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Manager, Branch Performance, FinanceAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- To assist Line Manager and Team head in managing various branch finance activities
- To perform branch performance review and prepare financial data to senior management team
- Add value to the strategic direction, budgeting, forecasting and performance of branches.
The Role Responsibilities
- Assist Line Manager to supervise the completeness, accuracy and punctuality of branch regulatory returns
- Assist Line Manager to supervise the preparation of branch tax returns
- Support East Region branch management, provide advice and guidance on financial matters in accordance with financial control policy
- Prepare branch performance review deck to facilitate regular local branch review meeting (e.g. CGM big call, East region governance meeting, etc.)
- Coordinate with business finance and RGM/CGM to prepare branch annual budget and budget restatement
- Establish regular contact with RGM/CGM to fully acquaint branch affairs and accommodate branch requests in relation to financials
- Assist Line Manager to undertake other adhoc tasks
Our Ideal Candidate
- Graduate of Accounting or Finance equivalent, or accounting firm background;
- Minimal 6 years experience with Bank Finance experience preferred;
- Regulatory reporting experience and knowledge of budgeting & forecasting preferred;
- Excellent analytical skills, with proven ability to interpret, analyse and present financial information and performance metrics;
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills to interact with stakeholders;
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple deliverable in a timely and effective manner in a fast pace environment;
- Be dynamic, change focused, proactive and objective driven;
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint;
- Business level proficiency in English.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.