Legal Entity Controller - Vice President
- Qualified Accountant, Finance Manager experience in Shanghai
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Jan 18 2018-01-14
Overview of Responsibilities The individual will have onshore oversight of financial reporting, cash management and purchase-to-pay activities in China, in addition to helping the Finance function build our local presence. Developing strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders will be key to the
Overview of Responsibilities
The individual will have onshore oversight of financial reporting, cash management and purchase-to-pay activities in China, in addition to helping the Finance function build our local presence. Developing strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders will be key to the role.
Primary areas of responsibility include:
- Evaluating our onshore finance operating model and addressing any gaps or inefficiencies;
- Maintaining localized finance policies and procedures and ensuring onshore/offshore compliance with these;
- Assimilating local accounting and regulatory developments and communicating these to wider teams;
- Providing local connectivity for the Finance organization, acting as a conduit between local stakeholders and centralized support teams;
- Collating and submitting various financial reports to local authorities;
- Authenticating and maintaining supplier invoices (‘Fapiao’);
- Bank account maintenance and payment support;
- Liaising with auditors and local government authorities, where required;
- Involvement in ad hoc project work.
Experience and Skills
The individual will be highly organized, results orientated and have proven project management capabilities. The successful candidate should have the executive presence to effectively represent their function and firm with local senior management and external stakeholders.
- CA / CPA license or equivalent with a strong academic record;
- 8+ years post-qualified experience, preferably with a financial services and audit background;
- Strong knowledge of local accounting, regulatory and finance-operational rules;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work in a deadline driven environment;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and establish and adhere to a work plan/program which has been approved by management;
- Sound judgment, decision making and project management skills;
- Both written and oral English and Mandarin language skills.