Lead Systems Engineer (Investor Technology Solutions APAC)
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
We are seeking an experienced systems engineer to join the APAC technology team as a lead within our Application development and Quality assurance cohort.
Your focus will be on developing, enhancing, and supporting systems for our Fixed Income and Alternatives investment teams. Initially, you will act as an escalation point for the application support teams to assist with complex issues. You will identify and build/enhance applications to meet the unique needs of our growing Asia-based business with a view to expand your reach globally.
You will work predominantly with our in-house developed investment systems which cover order intent capture, target capture, order creation and submission, trading (to a limited degree) and live PnL tracking.
You will help identify areas of improvement and be a driver of change, including pioneering high quality system architecture and offering solutions that will improve the user experience for our global investment team, while learning and adhering to existing architecture and development best practices, such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC), automated deployment, security, resiliency and branching/PR/merging.
As the senior member of the APAC Dev & QA cohort, a team consisting of technical resources from across the department including investment technology, trading technology, core transactional technology, and portfolio data technology, you will additionally be responsible for managing and coaching resources to ensure the success of the cohort.
This is a multi-faceted role, and the successful candidate will be dynamic and capable of prioritizing and shifting focus while remaining calm under pressure.
- Enhance existing applications to meet the need of our global investment team
- Build new applications where appropriate, utilizing existing frameworks and building with a strategic mindset
- Act as a point of escalation for the application support teams, helping to analyze root cause of issues, communicate resolution progress, engage/escalate to other teams as needed, define and document standard operating procedures where appropriate, and provide training for support personnel.
- Engage with the Portfolio Managers and Portfolio Analysts regularly, maintaining a healthy feedback loop
- Adopt new technologies as needed, including self-training
- Act as the business analyst and project manager for your projects
- Prototype solutions quickly and effectively
- Work with the QA team to devise or improve test plans
- Provide guidance and supervision of other team members in the APAC Dev & QA cohort
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Economics, Finance or related subject
- 5+ years experience working with object-oriented software engineering
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong grasp of fixed income instruments and derivatives
- Experience leading or managing a diverse team of technical resources
- Capacity to work under pressure
- Comfortable working across time zones
- Pragmatic but innovative problem solver
- Not essential but advantageous:
- CFA or similar qualification
- Experience with AWS including EC2, CloudFormation, Route 53, ECS, API Gateway, and Lambdas
- Experience with Tomcat, JavaFX, Swing, Hibernate, Spring, Jenkins, Git, React.js, TypeScript, Node.js, Python (including Jupyter notebooks), Oracle, OpenFin, GraphQL, Postman, or Wireshark
Lead Systems Engineer (Investor Technology Solutions APAC) LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .