1.Investment Director, South East Asia, based in Shanghai 2.Fluent in Mandarin and English is a MUST with French skills will be a plus, understand French culture is a MUST 3.Knowledge of the Food & Agritech ecosystem is a must, as our Client will focus its investment in that field in South East Asia
Role & responsibilities:
- Help our Client team to redefine its investment strategy (sector, geographical area, investment maturity), adapt the profile of his team accordingly and manage the investment process (scan, invest, accelerate), in direct collaboration with our Client’s general management. The main vertical will definitively be the food and the aggrotech business.
- Identify trends and investment opportunities in South East Asia in line with our Client’s investment verticals.
- Lead the entire investment project execution work including due diligence, research on financial analysis, modelling, evaluation activities and writing investment proposals together with the team
- Perform quantitative and qualitative due diligence on prospective investment opportunities by market research, valuation analysis and financial modelling to acquire new and retain existing investment business.
- Access and review targeted companies’ strategies and work to implement strategic plans with entrepreneurs. Operational profile with proven interest for entrepreneurship and strong experience in managing and/or supporting Small and Mid-Cap companies.
- Monitor current investments, review and comment on transaction documents, engage in post- investment management. Oversee the preparation of annual reports and other internal reports.
- Negotiate and liaise with financial institutions, regulatory authorities and relevant parties in terms of financing and transactions.
- Mentor the dedicated team (~ 2-3 people in China), coach entrepreneurs and managers of portfolio companies: sharing best practices and experiences, to accelerate development and ensure a goal of 15% TRI.
In this position, the candidate will have a double hierarchical reporting:
- Functionally to the Head of the Shanghai Office since based in Shanghai
- Hierarchically to HQ General Manager
The Candidate profile:
Specifically, candidates should correspond to the following criteria:
- Bi-cultural Franco-Chinese or Belgo-Chinese, bridging the gap between the 2 cultures. the bi-culture is more important than nationality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Mandarin, and French or English (it might be too restrictive to have the same level for the 3 languages at stake)
- Male or female
- Education: emphasis will be placed on personality and real achievements but most probably the candidates should be graduated from a business or an engineer school or have a degree from a good university
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience is required but the maturity of mind would be the relevant criteria
The successful candidate is likely to possess:
- 10 years of investment working experience, gained in a private equity fund, in a corporate or as an investment banker
- Analytical experience, including experience building financial models and valuing companies
- Highly developed experience in finance, asset valuation and strategy functions
- Excellent knowledge and practice of the Chinese economic environment
- Strong capacity of processing, structuring, organizing and setting up key indicators allowing to raise the level of Venture activity both quantitively and qualitatively, and to follow-up on its performance meticulously.
- Agile negotiator
- Ability to challenge organizations, making them thrive and contributing to their strategic reflections
- Business developer attitude used to work on sourcing opportunities
- Knowledge of the Food & Agtech ecosystem is a must, as our Client will focus its investment in that field in South East Asia.
Personality and skills indicators:
The successful candidate is likely to exhibit the following characteristics and behaviors:
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Highly organized and structured, logical and lateral thinker
- Friendly and open person, easy to deal with. People oriented
- High-level of energy, drive and tenacity
- Autonomous and self-motivated, to achieve success and realize potential
- Adaptable and flexible
- Ability to adapt and contribute to a non-hierarchical, entrepreneurial, structure
- Excellent team spirit
- Leadership style: management by example, always fostering a collaborative culture amongst the team members, shareholders and stakeholders
- Vision, an ability to project, engage and co-construct with enthusiasm and energy, with empowering leadership.
- Agility, speed and a capacity to deliver rapidly.
- Values of mutuality who, combined with a certain degree of exigence allow to connect to the « affectio societatis » of the Family Association and to incarnate those values personally.