An established global investment firm with a strong Asian track record is looking to hire an Associate for their Private Credit/ Debt investments team based in Shanghai with a focus on China deals involving mezzanine, unitranche and debt financing, primarily to back private equity-sponsored leveraged buyouts.
Assisting the senior members of the team, you will be responsible for:
- Understanding of investment/market concepts including but not limited to relative value, asset liability management, investment valuation
- Knowledge of leveraged financed market including, private equity and the middle market lending environment
- Perform due diligence including, but not limited to, financial and operational analysis, transaction structuring, and industry research on prospective private debt investments
- Perform various tasks related to monitoring current investments, market research, fund marketing efforts, and new deal origination
- Prepare internal investment committee memos
To qualify, candidates must possess:
- 3 - 5 years (analyst) of experience in buy side, consulting or investment banking
- Candidates with strong credit underwriting and analytic skills will be considered
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and persuasively
- Astute commercial sense, strong analytical skills and superior critical thinking
- Able to multi-task and focus on delivering results
- Candidates who are fluent in Mandarin (reading and writing) will have an added advantage.
Please send your cv in MSWord to Phoebe Ling at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principle Partners is an Asian specialist in buy-side executive search with a focus on Asset Management, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Hedge Funds, Technology Companies, and Wealth Management.
The firm is headquartered in Singapore and covers the Asia Pacific region.
Client profiles for asset management include international, regional and boutique fund houses and sovereign wealth funds. For private equity, we serve global, pan-Asian, regional and country-specific funds looking to deploy capital in Asia, with strategies including buy-outs, control investments, growth equity, and early stage investments.
Our hedge fund clients range from start-ups to the largest international funds, with strategies including equity long-short, event-driven, convertible bond arbitrage, Asian/global macro, distressed debt/special situations and high-frequency trading.
We have a strong track record for senior positions placements at the world’s largest asset managers, sovereign wealth funds, private equity, hedge funds, and family offices. We also cover middle and back office roles such as legal, compliance and risk management to support the core front-office investing roles.