Internal Audit-Global Markets- Analyst/Associate, Shanghai
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Internal Audit's (IA) mission is to independently assess the firm's overall control environment, including the firm's governance processes, controls, risk management and capital and anti-financial crime frameworks.
We are looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, sales & trading, investment management and consumer banking services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and consumers. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains major offices in London, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Bengaluru and other major financial centers around the world.
Internal Audit (IA) supports the Board of Directors' Audit Committee and senior firm leadership in fulfilling their oversight roles by independently assessing the firm's internal control structure, raising awareness of control risk, providing advice to management in developing control solutions, and monitoring the implementation of management's control measures.
IA comprises global functional audit teams covering the various business areas of the firm: Global Markets, Investment Management & Banking, Corporate, Consumer and Commercial Banking and Technology. HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR Basic Qualifications
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Global Markets business, its products and supporting functions
- Assist in audits from scoping, fieldwork, reporting and issue remediation
- Identify risks, assess mitigating controls and partner with the business to improve the control environment
- Prepare commercially effective audit opinions and findings and present to IA senior management and stakeholders
- Track open audit issues and their resolution
- Contribute to audit team's continuous monitoring effort by understanding market events, regulatory changes and technology developments
- Participate in department-wide initiatives to improve IA processes and individual growth
- Bachelor degree holder with 2-4 years of experience in either audit related and/or business support activities, and strong control mindset
- Strong English communication skills (written and verbal) a must
- Strong project and time management skills
- Good communicator who can manage multiple stakeholders, keen to drive consensus and influence the outcomes
- Excellent team player who is enthusiastic, motivated to learn and detailed oriented
- Certified Internal Auditor, Qualified Accountant or other relevant certification
- Mandarin language skill will be an asset