MSCI Index Sales Specialists are responsible for maintaining existing client relationships, as well as new business development for all MSCI Index products. Each person travels within their respective sales territory to meet with clients regarding new products as well as enhancements to existing products. These sales are made to our current as well as prospective clients with sales specialists utilizing their knowledge of the various departments within the client to position MSCI.
This role is a highly visible one, with involvement in all aspects of an account including senior level relationship management, product presentations, contract negotiation, sales closing, product setup and delivery. In this role, individuals will work very closely with global Client Service, Research, Marketing, Product Management, and Finance / billing departments.
Scope of Responsibility
- Total Relationship Management involving:
- High Level Management Contact
- Strategic Planning with an Account
- New Product Placement
- Answer detailed client inquiries about MSCI products and methodologies
- Achieve targeted revenue goals
- Inform clients about MSCI products, announcements, projects, etc.
- Some travel involved
- Work with global departments (Client service, Research, Legal, Contracts, Billing, Marketing, Product Management & Operations etc) to ensure that all client requests / inquiries are managed appropriately
- Maintain accurate records regarding account visits, client conversations, finalized contracts, etc.
- Proactively solicit client feedback regarding new initiatives and future product development
- Provide feedback from clients to Marketing, Sales, Research and Product Development groups
- Understanding of / experience dealing with financial institutions e.g. Asset Managers and Broker Dealers, Understanding of the Investment Management Process and global equity markets
- Strong sales closing skills
- A self-starter and highly motivated; ability to work individually and within a team
- Enjoys intellectual and analytical challenges
- Superior communication skills are required which should include both Chinese and English fluency
- Over 3 years of sales experience which should include at least some history of marketing to institutional clients
- At least five years of experience in the financial service industry
- A Bachelors degree is required with an advanced degree or CFA being advantageous
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.