Human Resources Advisor
Who we're looking for?
A HR professional with solid HR generalist and stakeholder engagement skills. The ideal candidate would provide solid support to HRBPs, build key relationships with stakeholders and take a wider interest in being creative with HR solutions. About Schroders
As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients' needs. That's why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients.
Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £574.4 billion (€641.7 billion/US$785.1 billion)* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have over 5,500 people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
We are a global business that's managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients' needs at the heart of everything we do. For over 200 years and more than seven generations we've grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients' needs and interests.
*Data as at 31 December 2020. The base
Shanghai/China The team
We are a professional and strong binding team with close working relationship. You would feel a positive momentum with other team members. What you'll do
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Operate as a trusted advisor and partner with business leaders / leadership team on all "People matters".
- Develop processes, policies and procedures: ensure these are up to date, well communicated and meet legislative/regulator/group guideline.
- Coordinate with Finance and payroll vendors , manage payroll process and ensure employee are paid accurately and on a timely basis.
- Support delivery of cyclical HR processes e.g. performance management, year-end review.
- Maintain HR database in the HR system and ensure HR data is up-to-date and accurate at all times, and that an effective filing system of employee files and documents are maintained.
- Ensure HR operation efficiency such as onboarding process, probation review, exit procedure, employee benefits, Reporting etc. And be responsive and proactive to HR team and employees.
- Manage third party service providers and coordinate with service providers to complete staff employment and termination formalities, foreign staff employment application and commercial medical insurance.
- Provide recruitment support for China hiring including the experienced hiring and campus recruitment programme.
- Roll out all HR Global / Regional/Local initiatives, Learning and Development Programs.
- Work closely with managers and staff to maintain and improve good work relationships, contribute to engagement activities, support the business to improve staff work morale and retention.
- Involve strategic projects that enhance the contribution of HR to the company strategy.
- Other ad hoc HR related tasks and duties as required .
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management/ any related disciplines or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of working experience in HR generalist role with payroll process experience; Experiences in asset management industry is highly preferred.
- Well versed with China employment related laws, familiar with statutory requirements and current HR practices.
- Strong operational hands on experience, problem solving and analytical skills. Detail-oriented.
- Possess high level of integrity and able to maintain confidentiality of company's ， personnel confidential matters and information at all times.
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office, HRIS and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Have good command of written and spoken English and Chinese.
- Able to work independently, flexible, adaptable, can-do team player.
- Strong learning ethic, highly self-motivated for personal and professional development.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.