Head of Asset Management, Greater China
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China Shanghai Shanghai Shi CN
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Mar 18 2018-03-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing (“MSREI”) is a leading global real estate investment platform and has been one of the most active real estate investors in the world for over two decades. MSREI has acquired and managed over $195Bn of real estate since 1991 and currently manages $32Bn of assets over more than 400 investments in 21 countries. In Greater China, MSREI is currently investing on behalf of two discretionary pools of capital across both opportunistic and core strategies.
The Real Estate Investing team is looking for a Head of Asset Management based in Shanghai to lead asset management activities across Greater China
- Maximise investment returns on portfolio of development projects and completed properties in Greater China through active asset management.
- Supervise and monitor development / asset enhancement works with development partners and service vendors
- Formulate and implement asset management strategies including leasing, operation, property maintenance, disposition etc.
- Review and ensure assets perform to strategic plans and budget
- Maintain close working relationships with service providers and business partners
- Negotiate agreements with service providers and business partners
- Review detailed budgets and prepare business plans for internal and fund reporting purposes
- Regular reporting to senior management on the performance of assets
- Work with acquisition team on new acquisition from asset management perspective #LI-42035901_KW1
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience with a real estate fund or developer
- Relevant experience in property development, operation, property maintenance and fund level asset management in Greater China
- Native level Mandarin skills (speaking, reading & writing) and business level English
- Mature, confident and enthusiastic team player
- Strong communication and coordination skills
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- The candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with investment, finance and construction professionals within the fund and with various service providers and business partners across Greater China