- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Head, Operational Risk, COO
- Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Head, Operational Risk, COOAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
-To serve as 2nd line governance and risk controls to operations within COO organization.
-To ensure business strategies, standards and roadmaps abide by COO operating principles, policies and procedures of country and group ERMF.
-To support Head of Risk Control, Governance in the overall effective and proactive management of all COO risks, governance and controls.
-To chair or support Risk Governance and risk related committees/forums, etc such as ORMM, BORF, FCC, ERC, etc.
-To promote preventive risk management models and enhance assurance framework.
1. Ensure oversight and driving improvement in the control agenda. This includes developing a forward-looking e2e view (across biz segments) on the operating environment and proactively identifying/escalating issues and sharing themes/lessons learnt.
2. Drive changes and transformation of risk management with the aims to build up a proactive and preventive mechanism.
3. Upgrade assurance programs into a systematic framework to cater for the needs of intensifying requirements on operational risks.
4. Standardize the escalation procedure, and streamline communication process e2e.
5. Cooperate with the stakeholders on the regulatory self-reveiw/assessment needs and governance of regulation/policy/procedure implementation.
6. Build up multi-level assurance mechanism, and train 1st line, functions, branches as well as UORMs, to improve their awareness and capability in risk management.
7. Analyze and develop full set of risk indicators such as KCI/KRI/KCSA, etc. for risk assurance, and innovate the risk management methodologies and tools.
8. Reinforce the capability of risk assruance, to support error/cases/incidents investigation and to help operations improve the basics.
-To align with group ERMF and governance framework/structure meanwhile support group changes/initiatives.
1. Support group risk control governance ERMF implementation in China.
2. Support OR requests on the policies upgrades, system change and people trainings needs.
-Overall monitor and centrally co-ordinate regulatory changes
1. To ensure the monitoring mechanism in place and timely implementation of the regulatory changes esp those directly impacting COO organizations.
2. To work as a central co-ordinator between compliance and COO teams in changes of regulations and any risks/issues from non-compliance.
-To drive risk culture in operations
1. Deepen the staff understanding about multiple aspects of risk controls via staff engagement in the form of Theme Reviews, and campains.
2. Organize events/activities to enhance awareness and knowledge in risk areas such as conduct, fraud-prevention, AML, santion, ICS, etc.
-Team management and stakeholders engagement
1. To manage operation risk team in COO organization and ensure the high-quality performance of tasks and assignments.
2. To support development of team members, and to provide necessary coaches and consultations.
3. To engage stakeholders proactively, and to maintain an effective and efficient working relationship.
Our Ideal Candidate
1.University graduate or above in Finance, Banking or Business.
2.At least 10 years experiences in banking or financial institutions with solid banking knowledge.
3. Proven people management and leadership to engage and motivate staff performance.
4. High degree of independence, responsibility, integrity and discipline.
5. Strong project management skills with demonstable track record in a dynamic environment.
6. Deep knowledge of products, processes and operations with strong analytical skills.
7. Excellent communications capability - good command of written and oral English.
8. Ability to work within a multi-function, multi-discipline team, matrix environment with strong influencing and stakeholder management skills.
9. Compliance and/or operational risk background preferred but not a must.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.