- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Head, BB CDD Ops & Change Management
- Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Head, BB CDD Ops & Change ManagementAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Ensures that AML CDD Sanctions risk relating to the country is effectively managed end to end in accordance with Group and local regulatory requirements. (Responsibility extends end to end across Hub and Spoke and across other stakeholder groups where certain processes are executed)
Directly accountable for risk management inherent in processes executed by CDD Operations teams. Responsible for risk management inherent in processes executed by Hub and other stakeholder groups through close oversight. Responsible for end to end AML CDD Sanctions relating to the country.
Assures AML CDD Sanctions risk management through oversight and testing of AML related CSTs and ensures material risks are identified, assessed, mitigated, monitored and reported / escalated
in accordance with the bank's Risk Management Framework.
Drive, coordinate and monitor initiatives, projects and actions to ensure the Bank operates in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations, Group/Country policies and standards, for the prevention of money laundering.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
1. Develops and manages a sustainable and scalable CDD operations capability
2. Accountable for implementation and continued compliance with relevant laws and regulations (including changing AML regulations), policies, procedures and risk control requirements through application of consistent group practices
3. Directs and executes activity within country CDD operations and maintains oversight end to end over all AML CDD Sanctions processes and practices
4. Ensures alignment, maintenance and updating of relevant systems as required to achieve required operational and regulatory outcomes
5. Compilation and preparation of various status reports related to the AML CDD Sanctions space for distribution to country management and Group stakeholders (i.e. Updates for BORF, AML CDD PSG, etc.)
6. Trains and provides business process and operational expertise and guidance to in-country teams in relation to understanding end to end AML CDD Sanctions processes and their connectivity to Retail Banking AML CDD Sanctions policy and procedure standards that impact their day-to-day business activities
7. Leads implementation of policies and procedures end to end for the country ensuring
consistency with global Group standards and ensures these are, and remain, firmly embedded
8. Works closely with project teams/stakeholders to drive projects/initiatives related to the AML CDD Sanctions space to ensure successful and timely delivery
9. Assures AML CDD Sanctions risk management through testing of AML related CSTs ensures compilation, review and distribution of M.I, reports and escalates exceptions and tracks to closure
10. Partners and actively collaborates with all relevant stakeholders across the AML CDD Sanctions functional and advisory space to build robust and sustainable operational and execution excellence
11. As a key stakeholder, reviews and influences country policy dispensation requests
12. Assist Retail Clients business management to ensure internal resources, systems, procedures and controls are in place, documented and operating effectively to prevent and mitigate money laundering risk.
13. Ensure close working relationship with the UORMs and clear delineation of duties and responsibilities among various parties.
- Strong working experience preferably in banking, financial or regulatory industry, in a
- managerial position preferably in AML enforcement field;
- Proven track record of leading and succeeding in a key function of an organization, being
- responsible for its strategic direction, process and procedure development and control;
- Sound knowledge of applicable AML Laws and Regulations;
- Able to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure;
- Good communication, interpersonal and organization skills;
- Strong report preparation and presentation skills; and
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English and Chinese.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.