Financial Markets Infrastructure Services - Senior Technical Analyst
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- To provide 1 st and 2 nd line IT support for all users within Financial Markets, to respond to faults and to requests for change, inc. purchase and delivery of new products and services. Ensure all problems are resolved and Remedy tickets updated in a timely fashion.
- Work with the respective Technology Service Managers to deliver technical support consistent with the global strategies.
- To manage and support the technical Dealing room standards and relationships - internal and external.
- To ensure that the support is delivered globally with demonstrable Client focus in support of our objective to become core bank to our clients.
- To deliver technical projects to Dealing rooms and Dealing Room users.
Our Ideal Candidate Technical Skills:
- To provide 1 st & 2 nd technical support for all Financial Markets business products and infrastructures (Desktop, Server, Dealer Telephony & Market Data).
- To prioritise resources to ensure services are delivered according to severity and urgency.
- Problem and change (Scheduled change & RMS) management - outstanding problem\change management, call logging, call trends, call reporting including high severity problem control. All Remedy related initiatives and updates. Ensuring standards are adhered to, or dispensations raised.
- To manage vendors including on site support engineers (OSV) who are responsible for the ongoing support of the Financial Markets businesses to ensure a secure, stable and highly resilient environment.
- To apply knowledge of IT, Financial Products and Best Market Practice to ensure that SCB achieve the best possible return for any investment made within the following arenas; networks, market information systems, services and communications.
- To plan, implement and subsequently maintain efficient, cost effective and highly resilient front office production systems (Infrastructure and Applications) and services to Group Audit and IT Technical Standards for Financial Markets businesses.
- To ensure processes, guidelines and procedures are in place and enforced for quality in installation, running, operating and support of all standard desktops, servers, local and wide area networking infrastructure, legacy systems and email system.
- To create and present written and verbal proposals to IT and business resources to ensure all work-undertaken meets budgeted costs and Group Standards.
- To assist in new implementations or upgrades to existing systems, including project management, tracking and reporting
- To assist in the provision of business recovery sites to give the ability to conduct business transactions and monitor exposure in the event of a disaster.
- Responsible for the enforcement of global strategies and standards in all Financial Markets locations including ensuring risk / compliance, processes / procedures and security / build standards are followed
- Risk management control, KCSA assistance, SIP initiatives and reporting, including Technical audit compliance, directly and indirectly.
- Review current consumption level on subscription service and terminate wastage to achieve cost avoidance
- To Support FM New Business Integration and Growth. Actively involved in key projects and acquisitions.
- Project delivery into the FM business - to schedule, to budget, to agreed standard
- Accountable for the implementation and ongoing verification of Security patch's (OS and Virus) within SCB locations.
- Protectors of the local environment, including responsibility to ensure safe and tidy IT installations and cabling, local regulatory compliance, health and safety adherence etc
- To ensure that technical solutions proposed satisfy both the immediate and long-term needs of the business, and ensure adherence with the Group's technical and security standards in all aspects of the team's activities.
- Manage high severity problem co-ordination with local vendors / resources and ensure ITSC's are updated with relevant information.
- Ensure relevant Post mortem attendance and ownership of actions.
- To ensure that technology related audit are completed successfully and technology plays a vital role in business related audit for handling IT related matters.
- To raise risks in the appropriate forums and follow ORMA.
- To provide Financial Markets support for the following Applications and Services :-
- All Thomson Reuters/Bloomberg/EBS Applications, including Market Data applications,
Deal Browser and associated trading applications
All Front Office voice technologies, including dealer boards, voice recorder & intercoms
Email and Instant Messaging, File Server and Desktop backup
Windows 10 environment
- Minimum 2-3+ Yrs knowledge experience in managing IT support, operations, and project implementations in a wholesale bank environment including trading room.
- Knowledge of wholesale bank services that includes FX, MM, FI, Commodity, Equity Derivatives and Quants products
- Understanding of the end-to-end IT infrastructure that supports the wholesale bank services, including mainframe, mid-ranges, client-server, networking, telecommunications
- Strong knowledge of e-business trading tools
- Strong PC / Server applications skills
- Strong knowledge of market information systems and services
- Strong knowledge of Dealer Voice systems
- Strong knowledge of client server technologies
- Strong understanding of telecommunications\networking
- Knowledge of technologies and industry trends in relation to business requirements, and the direction of the Group.
- Clear understanding of IT security policies.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, and ability to communicate with the business
- Ability to prioritise and control activities and deliver results within budgetary and resource constraints.
- Ability to work effectively as part of global team
- Service Management skills and techniques
- Strong management of external (vendor) resources and services
- Strong troubleshooting/problem assessment skills
- Must be flexible in terms of tasks.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .