Expression of Interest: Economist
Job Description An opportunity exists for an energetic and enthusiastic Economist to join us. The duties of an Economist are varied and include economic modelling, forecasting and analysis of countries across the Asia-Pacific. The position requires the production of regular high-quality written commentary in a timely manner on a broad range of economic and market trends, while also maintaining country forecast models and producing baseline and alternative scenario forecasts under tight deadlines.
The successful candidate will also work with senior staff on larger research and consulting projects and respond to client and media inquiries. There is also scope to work on credit modelling, contingent on the candidate's ability.
- Postgraduate degree in economics, econometrics or a relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years' relevant experience is required
- Outstanding research, quantitative, and written communication skills, as well as a sound understanding of macroeconomics and financial markets.
- Ability to work autonomously and across geographic teams.
- Experience in creating forecast models and programming in Eviews, Stata, R, or similar statistical language.
- Experience in credit modeling highly regarded.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.