We're looking for an equity analyst to join our regional research team to cover the software/internet sector of Greater China. Working alongside our experienced team of analysts and portfolio managers, the role will help strengthen our fundamental research coverage of companies in the software/internet sector (primarily China A-shares).
This role can be based in either Shanghai or Hong Kong. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client-solutions focussed role
Our Asia ex Japan Equities team of over 30 analysts and portfolio managers.
- Conduct fundamental company research to support our investment process for Asia ex Japan equities and generate investment recommendations to a team of portfolio managers based in Hong Kong, London, Shanghai and Singapore.
- Maintain coverage of a basket of core stocks while also helping portfolio managers search for new investment opportunities.
- Communicate investment recommendations via detailed written research (including ESG analysis) and regular conference calls and presentations.
- Collaborate with other analysts and portfolio managers across the Schroder group.
- University degree or above. Finance or accounting training/experience
- At least 3-6 years of relevant sector experience/knowledge and exceptional abilities in the financial modelling and valuation of companies.
- Candidates with industry experience and subsequent financial sector exposure will be a plus.
- Strong communication skills required to present stock ideas and market/sector views to fund managers via written work and conference calls in both English and Chinese.
- Proficient in both written and verbal English and Chinese language.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, Bloomberg/WIND.