Equity Data Specialist (6 Month Contract) - Shanghai
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data team acquires and supplies it to our clients. Teams work to collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data which ultimately moves the financial markets.
We are seeking a number of highly motivated individuals with a background in finance to join our team on a 6 month temporary contract. This is a great opportunity for graduates of finance, accounting, economics or a related discipline to begin their finance career with us.
The project will involve working with Company Financials team and analysing company financial statements as well as broker estimate data in order to identify specific data points and process them in the internal system. Strong research and analytical skills are required for this role.
The ideal candidates should be fluent in another language (Mandarin / Korean) in addition to English. Responsibilities:
- Sourcing and validating raw data as well as doing data quality checks
- Analysing company financial statements and identifying specific data points
- Updating and processing data onto the database adhering to time sensitivity
- Maintaining and enhancing existing database
- Applying problem-solving skills to enhance processes and software
- Take ownership and be proactive with key areas of responsibilities
Weâ€™d love to see:
- Bachelor or/and Master degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent work experience
- Fluency in another language (Mandarin / Korean)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Prior experience / strong knowledge and understanding of the financial markets
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate examples of improving or developing processes
- Strong organization skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously within tight deadlines
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks in a fast pace changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills demonstrated in client facing environment
Does this sound like you?
- Practical experience in interpreting financial statements and strong knowledge/understanding of finance and accounting
- Have passed CFA level 1 or working towards the qualification
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org