Director, APAC Financial Institutions, China Product Lead
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 17 Apr 19
Director, APAC Financial Institutions, China Product Lead
The Role: You will be responsible for accelerating revenues, increasing market penetration, maintaining client retention rates, driving product adoption and ultimately growing our S&P Global Market Intelligence solutions business to Financial Institution client segments in China.
The Impact: S&P Global Market Intelligence is an international organization with a strong and growing presence in China and other Asia-Pacific markets. Through this role, you will have a direct and substantial impact on growing our market presence and brand across the financial services industry. Using our data, research and analytics solutions, you will help shape how our financial institution clients solve critical business challenges across various businesses and functions including capital markets, commercial banking, corporate strategy, investment management, and risk management.
The Career Opportunity: In this role you will be a key leader in the APAC Product Management team and lead stakeholder of the Financial Institution client segments in China. These client segments consist of Commercial Banking, Insurance, Investment Management, Investment Banking and Private Equity. As a business leader, you will engage with major financial institutions based in China and you will work across various teams within our organization, such as sales, marketing, research, and development, as you drive our segment strategies and business. This is a great opportunity for you to grow professionally, have a genuine impact on our business and directly influence our success in China.
The Team / The Business: This position sits at a nexus of strategic priorities and business opportunities at S&P Global Market Intelligence. Financial institutions represent by far the largest portion of our business at S&P Global Market Intelligence, yet remain a critical engine of our growth. As well, China has already proven to be one of our fastest growing markets, and earmarked for significant upcoming investments.
Within Product Management, you will be part of an Asia-Pacific team that includes experienced professionals from the financial services industry. Leveraging your expanding China-domain expertise, you will partner closely with segment and product-focused colleagues to deliver strategy and execution for the China market. Our core values focus on driving Integrity, Excellence, and Relevance in everything we do. We provide solutions to our clients that are essential to help them meet the demands of today's ever-changing environment. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere that promotes an entrepreneurial spirit where we foster ownership and create a culture of accountability.
Our Hiring Manager says: "I'm looking for a self-starter comfortable engaging with all levels of an organization from C-suite to junior analyst. If you're right for this role you will be a confident leader building on previous experience working at or with financial institutions, and curious to expand that knowledge more widely across financial institution business models, functional roles and workflows. This person should have an entrepreneurial mindset - excited by an unstructured environment where you will be forced to prioritize from a large number of cross-functional activities and deliverables to maximize value for your business. If you're looking to make a difference, influence change and drive a successful business to new heights then you'll love this role!"
- Manage and grow the China business of S&P Global Market Intelligence across all Financial Institution client segments, specifically focusing on business performance vs revenue and usage targets
- Effectively identify and evaluate opportunities for growth in China for each of the Financial Institution client segments, through commercialization efforts, new product development, and potential acquisition/M&A opportunities
- Develop the China strategy for each Financial Institution client segment as a component of the overall global segment strategies. Clearly communicate and deliver product strategy across organization
- Contribute to the strategy and product development of our Financial Institutions product within the Asia Pacific region
- Drive Go-To-Market plans for key strategic initiatives to maximize market impact, client value and return on investment
- Work with client-facing teams to drive the commercialization of S&P Global Market Intelligence's solutions in the context of client workflows, business needs, and use cases
- Regularly collaborate with other product management and client services/sales teams to drive prioritization and evaluate opportunities
- Work within S&P Global Market Intelligence's enhancement & development frameworks to prioritize and deliver solutions to meet China market needs
- Meet regularly with clients and prospects to define needs, user profiles, and business requirements
- Be able to promote S&P Global's brand and thought leadership position through speaking engagements at industry events etc.
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, or related field
- MBA graduate with concentration in Finance preferred
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience at financial institutions in a front office, strategy or credit risk capacity OR at a third-party closely targeting financial institutions (ie. consultant, vendor, fintech, etc.)
- Detailed understanding of one or many financial institution personas in terms of responsibilities and workflows
- Deep interest in financial institutions industry landscape: market and competitive environment, regulatory developments, technology trends
- Familiarity with emerging trends shaping the marketplace for data including automation, AI, machine learning, data visualization, etc.
- Some experience working in phases of a development cycle and within a team environment managing technical projects preferred
- Business development, cross-functional leadership & management experience with a demonstrable track record of influencing effective decision making
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a high degree of comfort in client facing roles
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important - some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk, Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with the conviction. S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.