Developer - Java
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China Shanghai Shanghai Shi CN
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
See job description for details
Compa ny Pro file:
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
The Fixed Income Derivative Products Group develops software that enables Morgan Stanley to sustain and grow its highly successful derivative trading businesses - a key growth area for the Firm. Strats, risk managers and traders use our systems to monitor their daily risk and profit & loss, and to run ‘scenario’ calculations to assess the potential effect of changes in market conditions.
We are looking a strong developer to work within a global team on the Fixed Income Derivative and Cash Risk systems. We develop Calculations and infrastructure for the fixed income derivatives businesses on a grid computing platform comprising thousands of CPU cores and many Terabytes of RAM in both our existing Java platform and our new Scala based system. The work involves an interesting mix of object-oriented, functional, and graph programming paradigms.
We think of our team members as our best asset and continually invest in them. We are interested in developing your career and helping you grow in technical acumen, professionalism, and as leaders. We have a friendly and supportive atmosphere and frequently share knowledge on technical and business topics. We understand work is a significant part of life, and try to make it enjoyable and fulfilling.
· Work as a Java/Scala developer covering the full development lifecycle, designing and developing functionality for new and existing components of our risk systems.
· Work with distributed systems development using distributed caches and/or grid computation.
· Responsible for gathering requirements from your clients and analysing existing systems and functionalities.
· Responsible for unit testing and regression testing along with focusing on continuous build.
· Manage the production role out and subsequent support.
· Work with cutting-edge technologies in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and will gain a thorough understanding of risk management at a leading investment bank.
· Work on complex problems and should show excellent problem solving skills and enjoy all aspects of software development.
· Collaborate closely with the several global teams within the Interest Rate Derivatives and Credit Derivatives technology department and, when necessary, interact directly with the business unit and with the Firms middleware IT groups when using their frameworks/software.
· Strong core Java
· Data structures, design patterns and collections
· Multi-threaded programming
· Java standard APIs
· SOLID principles
· Unit testing
· Agile development
· Core Scala including collections. For those strong in the other areas but lacking commercial Scala experience we will consider evidence of outside learning such as completion of the Coursera “Functional Programming Principles in Scala” course.