Developer - Java
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Feb 18 2018-02-18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clientsÃ¢ businessesÃ¢and to our own.
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) develops and oversees the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the Institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets as well as Operations, HR and Corporate Services.
The Fixed Income Division (FID) Credit team is focused on delivering the technology that allows Morgan Stanley to continue to grow its highly successful corporate credit trading business, a key growth area for the Firm. Latest initiatives in this space include continued virtualization and automation of the flow businesses, as well as enhancing and renovating our suite of internally built trading systems. This will allow the firm to take advantage of market opportunities and drive revenue.
We require a strong technologist with proven leadership skills to work within a global team on our new and on-going projects. You will be working on highly distributed, low latency trading platforms based on C# front ends and Java/Scala back ends. The systems book trades, continuously calculate prices and associated metrics, allow historical time-series analysis and connect directly with several electronic markets. The C# client controls all aspects of the system from algorithmic trading configuration to electronic feeds and requires clear, intuitive design. Likewise, the systems have high update rates and require very powerful and optimized UIs and servers to cope with these demands.
The client is built using a combination of WinForms and WPF with all new components being built in WPF. The servers are built using Java and Scala and rely on modern technologies and approaches such as reactive programming, cloud computing, micro services and distributed caching. In addition to new
features and enhancements, we are looking to continue to renovate, improve and selectively rewrite parts of the existing system.
- You will be responsible for driving the technical direction, guiding the solution and delivering projects from requirements gathering and analysis all the way to implementation, deployment and subsequent support.
- You should be a practical technologists, who can show excellent problem solving skills and enjoys all aspects of software development.
- You will work closely with several global teams within the technology department as well as interacting directly with the Corporate Credit business unit to translate business needs in to technical projects.
- You will be expected to take on full responsibility for your projects and for mentoring developers and contractors as appropriate
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Java
- Strong core Java
- Bachelor degree in a related field
- Data structures, design patterns and collections
- Multi-threaded programming
- Proven track record of delivery, technical leadership and software project management
- Self-driven problem solver with good attention to detail.
- Service oriented/event driven/distributed systems architectures
- Experience of working on large systems and code bases delivering on agile development schedules.
- Fixed Income business / analytical knowledge
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.